Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stop the panic we're still here underneath the world !
  • NZCol

Ello, disappeared for a while to go and do some earthquake related work.
    Has been an interesting experience in ChCh and got home to then have 2 fairly substantual quakes in Wgtn – one at about 10pm which coming a week after ChCh sent people running into the street ! 4 weeks ago it would merely have merited a conversational topic…two days later there was a fairly good old shake during the night. So all normal then. I decided to get away for a few days with my mum who is visiting from Scotland…we had a lovely day out on the water only to then experience the firkin Tsunami from Japan. Look on a map NZ is MILES away and yet it was quite intense. Having watched japan footage I am stunned, utterly stunned, pure pressure wave. We had about a 40-50cm ‘surge’ which, on the way in was OK, on the way out it dragged all sorts of stuff out.
    Anyway, thats catharsis, i’m sure the locusts are imminent but we’ve plenty of beer and the suns shining. Bikes are still being ridden and we’re all looking at Japan, Haiti etc. and thaking our lucky stars.
    Peace to all
    I need another beer 🙂

racefaceec90

well i’m glad that your all ok.it’s horrific what has been going on in japan.i thank my lucky stars that i live in uk.i wish everyone who is going through it my best wishes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Meanwhile, on other threads, noone is supposed to give a shit about you mate – it would just be grief tourism and over-sentimentality or whatever the cynics are calling it today.

Good to hear all is well. Keep smiling 🙂

NZCol

Ha ha nice one, yeah wtf would anyone give a crap about a little colony which is the pimple on the botty of the world.

Its truly horrifying what Japan actually experienced, i hear it was 1000 times more powerful than ChCh, well **** me, if thats the case then i don;t ever want to see that again. ChCh is bad enough, we’re talking lots of bits of people now trying to be matched up, buildings utterly poked, sewerage munted, thousands of families displaced. Hard for everyone.

Grief tourism ha, well i tell you what best thing you can do is get on a plane and head on down and support the economy because we’re firked. Bring on winter. My wife is living in a caravan N of ChCh as she is an engineer and working down there. At least it won’t fall in on her !

Drac

Good to hear you safe and well not effected by the events. Also nice to hear you keeping good spirits despite what happened and thinking of those who were less fortunate both in NZ and Japan.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ha ha nice one, yeah wtf would anyone give a crap about a little colony which is the pimple on the botty of the world.

I hear the outdoor sports are marvellous.

Good to hear you’re ok. Pretty mad how many countries are having [gross understatement] issues [/gross understatement] at the moment.

hels
    Free Member

Just about to book my ticket for a month in Wellington in November, seeing family seems much more important just now.

I had an email from Ground Effect in Chch a cycling clothing manufacturer along the lines, “we are fine, up and running, PLEASE buy some stuff from us” not sure if being cynically manipulated but seems a better bet than CRC at the mo. So will order £50 worth.

NZCol

No please support GE, they lost their office afaik but warehouse OK. Cactus is the same, they lost their whole building. Our manufacturing for iRule is in Fairlie which, being honest, could probably benefit from a devestating natural disaster 😉 Its surely crazy times but we have winter to look forward to, oh, hang on 😉

hels, give me a shout in Wgtn if you fancy a beer or a bike ride – plenty of bikes to loan out and I live 2 mins from the trails in Miramar and 10 fr Mt Vic 🙂

M6TTF
    Free Member

It said on the news japan was 8000 times the strength of Christchurch

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stop the panic we're still here underneath the world !’ is closed to new replies.