Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stop my mouse jumping
  • thepodge
    Free Member

laptop mouse that is, not a real live mouse.

Just got a new laptop (windows 7 home) and when typing in Google Chrome the mouse cursor keeps jumping around the text field meaning i end up typing in the middle of other words and sentences. there doesn’t seem to be any logic to when it happens.

Anyone any idea why this is and how to stop it?

Also is there any way to turn of the tap to select feature? I’m a bit ham fisted and often when i press the pad to move the mouse, if the cursor happens to be on a button it presses the button and causes no end of frustration.

Thanks

awh
    Free Member

Is it an optical mouse? My work PC mouse jumped around, solution was to use something with lots of contrast as a mouse mat. I used graph paper!

STATO
    Free Member

Its probably just you catching the touchpad with your palm when typing. You need to go through the settings for the touch pad, turn off all the crap and activate the ‘accidental touch’ setting or whatever its called in yours. Had this on my work laptop, its rubbish, soo glad ive got a Macbook for home use 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Yeah, as the others have said.

If it’s an optical mouse, you need a non-shiny surface or they go daft.

If it’s a trackpad, you can change the settings – there should be an icon for it in the system tray (next to the time on the task bar), or type ‘mouse’ in the Run box and select a sensible option from there (“choose how my mouse responds” or something similar).

thepodge
    Free Member

its a touch pad so I’ll have a scout around in that area and see what I can find

Militant_biker

It’s not an Acer is it?

T’wife has an Acer netbook and I can’t use it. The touch pad is beyond useless, tap to click on something and it fires the cursor back to the centre of the screen – aaaaaaarrgh! I tried fiddling with the settings, it helped a little, but it’s better (for its sake) that I just don’t use it.

I love my Macbook… 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

it is a acer…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Chop its feet off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stop my mouse jumping’ is closed to new replies.