Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Stooge 'Moto' bar
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Can someone help me out please I can’t seem to find a link on their website to place an order for the bars at all?? I think the prototype ones would be out of my budget!

jonestown
    Free Member

@officerfriendly, they’re about 5 weeks away at the moment, i’ll be putting them up on the website as soon as i have stock. Price should be around £45, give or take a few quid, and that will include UK postage. I’ll also post on here as soon as i have stock. Cheers, Andy

bikeytom
    Free Member

@jonestown any chance of an update on arrival date for the bars? I’m looking forward to trying a pair!

cozz
    Free Member

i had a set from pre production batch

fitted today to new single speed pugsley

mobes
    Free Member

Mr Stooge, can you do a flat or low rise version of these?

bonesetter
    Free Member

The Moto have become my favourite bars

Left them uncut too

And it looks like they fit different bikes than the Stooge amazingly – looking good Cozz

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😉

cokie

Bars now available from CTBM for £60

Still undecided on these.. I would say I’m a fairly aggressive rider and my Stooge is a plaything, rather than a mile muncher. Who are the bars aimed at? Does the massive backsweep encourage aggression or is it more a comfort thing for long days in the saddle. I imagine there’s a reason none of the Enduro/DH/Radcore guys run something similar..

bonesetter
    Free Member

I don’t know who the Moto Bars are aimed at, but for me they just make the bike work well

I run a Chronicle and a 70mm stem (I’m 6’4″) and my weight is rotated up and back (tweaking the already rotated weight Stooge stance geometry) and control of the front is enhanced

I use my bike to have fun (don’t most of us) on the trails and the Moto’s have widened the grin

survivor

Got mine today to go on my Genesis Longitude. Only had a short ride so far but they feel great. Nice amount of backsweep and blinking massive at 800 wide but again feels good.

I was hoping they’d be a bit cheaper but ho hum… I got some anyway..

I think Mr Stooge could be on to something here.

Pogo
    Free Member

Been running mine with 800mm wide 3″ rise trials bars for about a year and a half now, makes for a very fun ride…

bonesetter
    Free Member

Pogo – can’t quite make out the tyre set-up you’re running?

cokie

Well, bars ordered. Andy convinced me.

Bonesetter- looks like a Knard front, not sure about the back.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mr Stooge, can you do a flat or low rise version of these?[/quote

Super wide flat version

sam42
    Free Member

Mr Stooge, can you do a flat or low rise version of these?]
    Super wide flat version

Like the sweep on them….

yunki
    Free Member

sam42 – Member
    Mr Stooge, can you do a flat or low rise version of these?]
    Super wide flat version
    Like the sweep on them….

would that not make the handling a bit wooden?

qwerty
    Free Member

1 1/8″, 9/10″, 15/16″

Not MORE industry standards pleeeease!

Pogo
    Free Member

Pogo – can’t quite make out the tyre set-up you’re running?

On that pic it was a Knard up front and an Ardent 2.4 on the rear.
    Now running a Chronicle upfront as the Knard was useless in the wet.

jonestown
    Free Member

thanks to everyone that’s bought into the bars so far, t’is much appreciated. In answer to Cokie’s questions, the idea was not to make a bar that was designed for comfort, more to make a bar for fast, aggressive riding that was more comfortable than what’s presently available. For me the sweep is more about having a really natural feeling hand position rather than an elbows out one, it means you can hang off the back more, always handy on a rigid bike.The other nice thing is you can dump that stem for a truly moto look. it always interests me how wide bars have generally ended up with a 5 degree sweep on mountain bikes, but once you’ve got used to a bigger sweep bar there’s no going back.

Me and Charlie both have stock now. i had aimed for a lower price (45 – 50) but a few things colluded against this, namely the import duty man and the vat man and then the delivery man who charges full whack due to the size of the bars followed by a rubbish dollar-pound compared to six months ago. I think they’re still really good value, they’re made from premium 7050 alloy rather than the cheaper 6061 and should put up with a good hiding for a very long time. It goes without saying that if you buy a frame at the same time the bars will be cheaper 😉

evilsovereign
    Free Member

Any more reviews on these bars. I fancy a pair. I tried salsa bend2 bars 23 degree. They were comfy, strangely felt narrow, even at 710mm. Currently trying a pair of jones loop bars, they are great, but not sure on single tracky riding, and out of saddle climbing. Don’t want to keep buying bars, but I want my fat bike to feel right.
    Help please.

jonestown
    Free Member

@evilsovereign, how does this sound, buy a set of bars from me, try them out, and if you don’t like them i’ll happily give you a full refund, though you will have to cover the return postage. i appreciate where you’re at with bars, i must have bought 50 of the buggers over the last ten years, and then i finally made one i like 🙂

frogstomp

Also intrigued by these.. are people finding they need to lengthen the stem to account for the extra sweep or will the extra width compensate? Currently running 50mm stem with 750mm bars..

jonestown
    Free Member

@frogstomp, because the backsweep starts a lot further out than regular bars they don’t shorten the reach in any discernable way, but they do put your hands in a more comfortable position.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Stooge 'Moto' bar’ is closed to new replies.