Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Stooge cycles
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

the top tube/seat tube/chainstay area is “very” on-one fatty no?

brant
    Free Member

the top tube/seat tube/chainstay area is “very” on-one fatty no?

Good artists copy.
    Great artists steal.

bonesetter
    Free Member

The best stand on their shoulders

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wheelie

Anyone around 5’4″ ride one of these?

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’m 6’4″ on a Stooge, so good spread 🙂

tazzymtb

Less on one fatty and more jeff jones spaceframey..which is funny as the oo fatty also nicked the fork offset from jones to make it handle nicely. And the stooge has a similar rigid frmae n fork as one ethos as a jones. Just not as supple and a bit more grrrrrrrrr for shorter play days.

martinh
    Free Member

Want to try an On One carbon fatty fork on the Stooge. more wheel choices, maybe lighter?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Thought you’d like it Brant.
    Nice pics, again Mr K.
    GWS Andy.

tazzymtb

Oo fatty fork in carbon is tapered martinh so won’t fit the stooge. Salsa enablers work well eith the frame, although having tried s fat front on it, I prefer the 29er. But I do slrrady have a fat front on the jones and a fat bike so sticking a fat on tbe stooge is never goin to be as good.

tazzymtb

Dear gods ..I’ll have to go and look at mine now! Convinced it was a taper to fir the headtube..mental 🙂

Clink

Presume the O-O fork would need a different hub though?

jonestown
    Free Member

cheers the review Brant, that’s a bit good that is.

They Snipped. 11 stitches in the old chin. The moral of the story is this: don’t pussy out at the top of a gulley on a bike with soft suspension forks.

In fact, don’t ride a bike with suspension forks.

🙂

brant
    Free Member

Glad you’re home safe.
    No Rush for mine. Am away for 10 days from Saturday.

biff

Good artists copy. Great artists steal.

Fresh quote for you…

That’s not a bicycle, it’s a xerox machine :O)

jonestown
    Free Member

Biff, if we’re going to continue down this route may i suggest you check the figures and compare them – everything is different apart from the 55mm fork offset, and that was about getting the correct trail figure.

here’s something for you to quote. The Stooge is not a copy of a Jones. I’s my own design based on many years spent thinking and learning about geometry, riding many bikes with different set ups and seeing how they work on the trail. The twin top tubes are stolen from Torker and Don Smith. They’re a homage to my youth spent riding BMX bikes. Yes, they’ve coincidentally turned out like a Fatty.

There is plenty enough room for more than one rigid specific bike in this world. Once upon a time all mountain bikes were rigid. Some even had slack head angles and big fork offsets. It’s a post-modern world.

I’m sure you’re a nice guy, as am i. It’s very easy to come across as a bully on the internet.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Is this the same Biff Jeff has got selling his latest Jones bikes?

I’ve spoken to Jeff once about bikes and from everything else e-posted, I’m sure he wouldn’t post stuff like that

singlespeedstu

Is this the same Biff Jeff has got selling his latest Jones bikes?

Biff has been the UK Jones importer for quite a long time now.

brianp
    Free Member
    brant
    Free Member

Will be fun to see that. Can’t see it at the minute as I’m in China and they block Facebook.

singlespeedstu

dRjon has already done the 27.5+ rear thing in his Jones diamond frame. 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oNnTdv]Jones with Trailblazer 27.5plus and nate.[/url] by dRj0n, on Flickr

Paceman
    Free Member

^^^ I like that :mrgreen: ^^^

brianp
    Free Member

Can you get to this,

brianp
    Free Member

dirtyrider
    Free Member

where are stocking them WTB/Panaracers?

placid_casual
    Free Member

Did someone say it was photogenic?
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/oDUnkA]Soiled Stooge[/url] by placid casual, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/osvQm8]Stooge Commute[/url] by placid casual, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pdgjsn]Stooge Cycles[/url] by placid casual, on Flickr

http://barnabynutt.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/stooge-cycles-progressive-29er/

Paceman
    Free Member

She’s certainly a looker :mrgreen:

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Good news that the 27.5b+ fits. Recon that’ll be a fun set up. Chronicles have arrived just in time too. Not going to be great in proper sticky mud, but great on wet off camber rock so far.
    Pedalling position on the Jones looks terrible.

Redbus
    Free Member

Is the stooge ebb with hanger as standard? Is there a SS version avaliable or was that a limited edition?

(Currently got a parkwood setup ss for winter bike but its too fast so going to bling it out and get something else for winter mincing)

bonesetter
    Free Member

Yes, frame comes EBB

dirtyrider
    Free Member

There was 5 ss only frames

Clobber
    Free Member

What 650B+ tyres are available?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Chronicle is proving to be a great front tyre so far despite the recent filthification of trails.
    Pre filth.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Great – got a post filth pic – we like dirty 🙂

jonestown
    Free Member

Is the stooge ebb with hanger as standard? Is there a SS version avaliable or was that a limited edition?

Frame comes with the EBB insert and gear hanger. If you’re going to run it SS then leave the hanger off. I still have 1 SS specific frame left in stock, i was planning on building it myself, but if anyone wants it….

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Stooge cycles’ is closed to new replies.