Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,481 total)
  • Stooge Cycles – who's interested? (slack 29er content)
  • jimfrandisco
    Free Member

I see a lot of people running thompson layback posts on their stooge – i’ve got one at the moment and just find it too ‘bouncy’ but not in a good way.
    Are thompson layback posts known to be very flexy…or am i just too fat?!

letmetalktomark

I find Thomson posts to be forgiving rather than bouncy – certainly in 27.2” flavour.

My Salsa regulator post is bouncier.

I will be running the latter on my MK3 when its delivered.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Could well be rider weight and flexible saddle rails – will play around with different post/saddle combos.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    core

Also keen to see photos, that green one looks tasty on Instagram.

tootallpaul

Another photo up on Instagram showing the three colours. I can’t work out how to get the image in here…

core

Have to save then host them elsewhere like a normal photo, Instagram links don’t work.

Both photos above belong to Stooge Cycles.

faustus

Really like that, green for me…if I needed one 😕

core

I love the green too, but don’t need one, and neither can I justify one, however Andy Stooge may well be getting some of my money.

matt_outandabout

That purple…oh yes..

bonesetter
    Free Member

That orange is a win win

rosscopeco
    Free Member

Orange all the way for me…repainted at least 2 frames over the years orange…lovely looking things they were.

Now to decide what to sell to make way for a MK3…anyone interested in a full fat custom 853 frame made by Ben Cooper with fillet welding??!!

tazzymtb

The new mk3 is also mental with a suspension fork in. 120mm fork 29+ and big set of moto bars, its like yobs-r-us just came to play

mobes
    Free Member

They look lovely. Im partial to an orange frame, but that Lilly green is really nice! Cant really justify getting rid of my MK1 to replace it with a MK3 though!

core
    tootallpaul

Orange on pre-order.

Looking forward to putting it together.

letmetalktomark

Mine has just arrived …….

tootallpaul

Really Mark? Interesting. Did you get a tracking thing?

What stem are people using? I think the 100mm one I have in the spares box is probably a bit on the long side.

letmetalktomark

Yep, arrived about an hour ago.

I got an email to say it was due to be collected from Andrew yesterday but not one to say it was out today but I got that info directly from Andrew.

Im pleased to say that a 3.0NN on a Hugo rim fits with just shy of 10mm at the chain stays which is awesome. Given the short nature of the stays the wheel looks monstrous fitted.

Off to get the headset cups pressed in this afternoon.

Re stems I’ve gone for a 50mm with a moto bar …. in for a penny and all that.

letmetalktomark

Just weighed my bare frame inc EBB ……. 😯 …… it is a 20″ I’m telling myself …….

slimjim78
    Free Member

Stooge curious, any owners on SDW/Worthing/Brighton area willing to lend a ride?

root-n-5th
    Free Member

So, how much does it weigh?

Does the 20″ seem bigger?

Thanks.

core

That 44mm headtube, bigger downtubes, tapered fork, and the EBB (that’s always been there) must add up.

letmetalktomark

this was just frame weight but yes.

Wheels on, controls on, it looks amazing! 8)

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Bigger tubes but thinner walls so should be same weighr, and the ebb insert is quite light really. But, I guess the head tube is a big lump, and the extra steel in the fork won’t help.

Guessing at 2.7kg frame only?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m going to guess at 3.5Kg

letmetalktomark

RB is closer ….. frame only BTW 😉

matt_outandabout

Wheels on, controls on, it looks amazing!

tootallpaul

Frame in the house.

🙂

bonesetter
    Free Member

Come on, let’s see some pics

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Perhaps, not unlike the elusive snow leopard, they are really hard to capture on film.

Really want to see a large built up – waiting with camera ready for a rare appearance. Maybe at dusk?

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Only one solution to seeing what they look like built up – see one in the flesh. I’ll have to wait a couple of weeks, but I hope it’s worth it!

letmetalktomark

Sooooo close to sharing pics ……

root-n-5th
    Free Member

It’s all about the timing…

core

From Stooge FB

simondbarnes

The idiot has left the front mech setup sticker on it. Standards are slipping.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

There’s another on there too. They look great!

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’m going to have to have an orange in 27.5

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Good choice!

ian martin
    Free Member

I’m liking my Stooge (Mark 2 setup singlespeed with 29er wheels) so much that I’m thinking of getting another in orange setup with gears and 27.5+ tyres and selling my Cotic Soul.

Only one away from the 3 Stooges!

Sorry

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Be interesting to hear how a mk2 compared to a mk3.

If you’re considering another then they must be good. The third could be a drop bar, hub-geared beast.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,481 total)

The topic ‘Stooge Cycles – who's interested? (slack 29er content)’ is closed to new replies.