Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,481 total)
  • Stooge Cycles – who's interested? (slack 29er content)
  • CaptainCrash
    Free Member

raw steel with a mad max-esque finish

..this

dirtyrider
    Free Member

my brothers is taking shape, he doesn’t post on here, but ill post the pics

Retrodirect
    Free Member

What’s the weight difference between the rear and front wheels on that? Is it noticeable? i.e light xc 29 vs 29+

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Will be loads, but he’s changing to rear rim/tyre when funds available

Crest v rabbit hole +300g at a guess
    Crossmark v knard + 500g at a guess
    50g on the stans rear hub v the king front

jonestown
    Free Member

Same here – although it does raise the spectre of a lovely green one appearing at some point. Or a red one. Orange maybe….

Metalflake orange, perhaps 😉
    or Kawasaki green

hmmm

spectabilis
    Free Member

If you consider doing copperslip brown, mine’s coming in for a respray

bonesetter
    Free Member

Metal Flake Orange – niiice

Same colour as the General Lee to 🙂

ska-49
    Free Member

Root beer would be nice!

mattjg
    Free Member

@jonestown keep the blue, it’s your signature colour. Other colours in small batches as you did with the purple. I like raw, it works well on the industrial Intense Tracer, that thing’s like a battleship, but perhaps not for your skinny tubes.

brianp
    Free Member
    bonesetter
    Free Member

B+ in the back and 20+ in the front

There’s something wrong there

brianp
    Free Member

Typing on the phone! 29+ ok

honourablegeorge

B+ in the back and 20+ in the front

This better not be a link to a Kim Kardashian pic

noltae
    Free Member

I’d love to see chrome forks on a candy apple red frame in homage to one of the all-time classic race bmx’s.. The 1984 JMC Darrell Young – it would look beyond amazing !

jonestown
    Free Member

I’d love to see chrome forks on a candy apple red frame in homage to one of the all-time classic race bmx’s.. The 1984 JMC Darrell Young – it would look beyond amazing !

Funnily enough i used to race one of those back in the 80’s, beautiful bike. About 10 years ago i sold it for £150. Oh how i regret that. It was as-new and an exact replica on the man himself’s.

I see a ltd edition coming on here.

takisawa2

Can you do me one in Niner, Kermit Green…
    She’d not notice then. 8)

cozz
    Free Member

the last purple one should be with me tomorrow !! 😆

mattjg
    Free Member

purple, that’s so over.

Bregante

I’m going to get my Karate Monkey done in that metal flake orange!

mattjg
    Free Member

Daisy Duke’s aged well.

Cheezpleez

Mattjg, you can’t keep posting on this thread without buying one. It’s not cricket : )

dirtyrider
    Free Member

purple, that’s so over.

pink on-ones > purple stooges 😉

honourablegeorge

jonestown – Member

Funnily enough i used to race one of those back in the 80’s, beautiful bike. About 10 years ago i sold it for £150. Oh how i regret that. It was as-new and an exact replica on the man himself’s.

I see a ltd edition coming on here.

When are you taking deposits?

mattjg
    Free Member

Mattjg, you can’t keep posting on this thread without buying one. It’s not cricket

Careful what you wish for.

mattjg
    Free Member

Best bit of being a Stooge owner so far** is I get to reuse that old CK headset that’s been in my spares box for 3 years (& I nearly sold several times).

** obv. I’ve not ridden it yet, owner != rider

ska-49
    Free Member

Whilst I’m posting images, here’s one from today.

mattjg
    Free Member

pics too painful on STW, I gave up years ago.

I am thinking though you me and Cheezpleez should inaugerate Stoogefest-South, at Swinley or over here at BikePark Surrey Hills.

ska-49
    Free Member

I’d be up for that! I haven’t touched any of my other bikes for a long time now. It’s just so much fun and so easy to grab in this weather.

mattjg
    Free Member

quite a ride, good job

mattjg
    Free Member

lap 2?

ska-49
    Free Member

Just the one lap today.
    It’s been pouring all day and really heavy going in the sticky mud.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

80 miles yesterday…

Supreme comfort!

ska-49
    Free Member

Lovely photos. 80 miles is great! Hopefully i’ll do some when weather permits. What sort of elevation do you do?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Relieved to see front mudguard age on there at last Kbrembo. I was starting to fret.

In other new Mudhugger “orange ” 29er rear guard fits a treat and still enables post dropping.
    Not pretty, so no pics.

martinh
    Free Member

Count me in for Stoogefest South. Prefer the trails and cake over at Surrey hills.

Cheezpleez

Stoogefest south is a good idea. Can we make it a Sunday ride starting in Dorking/Westcott? In fact, what about next Sunday?

mattjg
    Free Member

Stoogefest south is a good idea. Can we make it a Sunday ride starting in Dorking/Westcott? In fact, what about next Sunday?

This is the same as saying “I’m doing my normal ride, follow if you want”.

For myself, Sunday mornings have become problematic because my delectable cohabitee has taken up riding with the road club. (Horns of dilemma: good, she’s out on a bike .. bad, she’s out on a road bike).

Ben_H

I spent a maiden few hours aboard my Stooge yesterday.

It’s my first 29er and I haven’t ridden rigid for ages, plus I’m riding it singlespeed – so I will try to keep my ride notes separate from these factors.

I’ve come from 5 years on a 120mm-forked Cotic Soul.

Initial trail notes:

– Easily the most comfortable rigid I’ve ridden;
    – I really like the ride position and what I’d describe as predictable handling;
    – Far more capable than I remember the Soul being, when rigid;
    – Glides over obstancles and through ruts with near abandon – the change from a suspension-forked 26er was less traumatic than expected;
    – I got just a hint of how this is a very involving chassis though twisting singletrack;
    – It’s not as agile as a 26er…but sensitive to fine inputs;
    – It is not as much of an all-rounder as some bikes, although that’s not what I expected or wanted.

To be a little clearer on the final point: I was looking for a bike to cover the 95% of riding I do, which is at a trail centre just minutes from my front door. I don’t ride endless days in the Alps, at far-flung trail centres on black runs, nor crossing maps.

I’m realistic about the fact that having young children has limited what I remember as endless sun-kissed weekends of riding and then cleaning MTBs. I now snatch little slices of time – an hour here and there…working from home, summer evenings – for a quick ride.

I ride frequently, but the benefits of a full suspension dream machine are nowadays lost on me (although I could afford one); the cost per ride could be frightening, for a bike totally capable of the 5% of my riding…yet overkill for the 95%. All I really need is a nice, simple MTB.

The Stooge appears to fit this brief incredibly well. 🙂

Kbrembo
    Free Member

ska-49 – Member

Lovely photos. 80 miles is great! Hopefully i’ll do some when weather permits. What sort of elevation do you do?

It was around 5000ft climbing… 32×17 gearing

mattjg
    Free Member

Kbrembo, where?

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,481 total)

The topic ‘Stooge Cycles – who's interested? (slack 29er content)’ is closed to new replies.