Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • STOLEN TODAY in Derby!! – Stumpy Evo and Kinesis Crosslight Pro6
  • matt007
    Free Member

Hi all,

Please please keep you eyes open, an hour ago i found out my bikes were stolen from the garage last night. Feeling sick right now. It was from Allestree in Derby.

Both very distinctive custom builds, description and spec below –

2012 Stumpjumper Evo 26. This was the 2012 alloy evo i imported from the states, not available in the uk, has 2011 36 float RLC’s, formula the ones, silver pro 2 evos on flows, reverb, renthal bars and stem.

stumpy

The other bike is a BRAND NEW kinesis crosslight pro6. So new the chain is still on its way from CRC….. hadnt even finished building it yet. Its a white 57cm model, mavic cxp22 rims, silver spokes and ringle hubs, 105 STIs and mechs, fsa slk post, fasa bars and stem, spesh phenom saddle.

Please keep eyes peeled folks, I can be contacted at any time on 07515471156 if you see anything that looks like it could be my stuff. Insurance was more than my car insurance, so didnt have any and it looks like I wont get anything back.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Bummer!

Check your house insurance though. Mine includes bikes if they are on the premises i.e. in the garage, at no extra cost. Extra cost for cover over £1500 when off the premises.

proberts
    Free Member

Mine insurance is the same, you might a payout as the bikes were at home. I feel your pain mate, I lost 2 nice bikes in 2011. These people must get the bikes back home then google the value and have a little party. F-ing Scumbags!

Paul

al2000

That’s really sh1t.

I’m just down the road from you – will spread the word, and keep an eye out.

matt007
    Free Member

Completely gutted, its like part of me is missing!

Making up flyers to put up round Derby offering cash reward.

Anyone got any consolation on recovery rates? Where do high end bikes go when nicked? Surely they stick out if ridden around by the average local toerag, or are they moved around the country?

Suppose it depends on whos got them and if they know anything about them.

anthonyb
    Free Member

Crap news 🙁
    Im based in Derby, will keep an eye out for you.

iain1775
    Free Member

Derby here too
    I’ve posted this thread onto Samways Facebook wall for you

chilled76
    Free Member

Got this end of Notts covered for eyes peels too. Keep an eye on eBay mate. Sorry to hear the bad news.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Bummer
    I will keep my eye out.

jonjones262
    Free Member

The Specialized wouldn’t have had a funny bar mounted kiddies seat would it?

Saw a smart Spech full susser in Hilton today with a woman riding something else and made me think….hmmmmm

matt007
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the help,.

I do have a wee ride in the garage, havent checked if its gone too… did the bike look like the one in the pic?

nodrog2
    Free Member

Posted amongst regular NE riders.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I only saw it briefly as the guy rode in front of me and I tried to not let my 2 year old get run over :o)

The seat thing had bright coloured leg bits. Orange or green. It looked like the main seat bit wasn’t connected

danti

Also Derby based – will keep em peeled.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Matt I’m in Allestree. Sorry to hear it. Bikes in the house tonight! Will keep eyes peeled for you. Thieving ****.

chasp
    Free Member

Hi Matt ime just north of Derby so will spread the word.One of the worst things about it is the scumbags will proberbly break them and sell the bits for next to f all keep an eye on ebay etc you may recognise something

Popocatapetl

Sorry to hear that. Nice bike. Can’t see the link above, so here’s your picture mate. Hope you get it all back!

matt007
    Free Member

Cant bear the thought of some hamfisted git messing with the bikes I spent endless hours building and loving.

Watching all the usual sites, but gonna be difficult to do it constantly. How long would they hold the bikes before trying to shift them on? Any thoughts?

Cant decide if it was targetted or randomers just got lucky.

matt007
    Free Member

Thats my baby. Only changes since pic are to renthal kevlar lock ons, crossmark 2.25 on rear and HR 2.4 exo on front and white bender fender mud guard.

As in original post, they also took a brand new crosslight pro6, 57cm in white. Missing the chain.

sprocker
    Free Member

I am in Derby and like the rest will keep an eye out the evo is a very distinctive bike so hopefully there is a good chance of getting it back.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I got a nicked bike back a few years ago. It was still in the area. Keep eyes open in second hand stores, stick some pics up on lamposts, offer a reward for good anonymous snitch that gets bike back..

lalazar
    Free Member

Sorry to hear fella hope you have some luck getting them back.
    My mates bike got pinched a few years ago but luckily I saw it about two months later being ridden lOcally. When I challenged the young lad about ownership he was a bit shaky so I promptly reposessed it. So don’t give up there is hope.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN TODAY in Derby!! – Stumpy Evo and Kinesis Crosslight Pro6’ is closed to new replies.