Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • STOLEN Today at Glyncorrwg
  • TheDoctor
    Free Member

Yeti ASr-SL AS pictured below. But now with White FOX F100 RLC

Picture here

AlsASR-sl frame L, Fox F100 RLC, Chris King Hset, Chris King pewter Hubs, Mavic XC717 rims, Thomson Stem 120 15 deg, Cook Bros Seatpost, Specialized Avatar 143, Moots Ti Hbar 8 deg Bend, XT F& R Mech, XTR Dual control, XTR Chainset, Time Atac XX pedals

Taken at the same time

Commencal Meta Black with Gold decals.

Air Pikes Fitted and Hope hubs, Charge Spoon saddle, Sram shifters and rear mech.

peteimpreza

Stolen from where exactly?

Your car? Outside the cafe? The campsite?

goog
    Free Member

were they locked ?

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Taken from a locked car, which they bent back the door frame to get into 🙁

peteimpreza

That is awful for you.

I’ll be changing my plans for tomorrow.

Were the Police involved?

colande
    Free Member

sorry to hear about your loss!

were you camping?
    more details please I regularly go to glyncorrwg so would like to know more.
    really disconcerting to know that even when they are locked in a car they are not safe.

forge197
    Free Member

That’s bad news. Often see bikes locked to the cars while riders enjoy the drop off cafe.

forge197
    Free Member

I don’t think unless you lock the bike to the car and by that something that isn’t easily cut is particularly safe anyway, thought it might feel it.

I don’t like leaving the bikes out of sight for any period of time anywhere, unless they are locked to something solid with good locks.

Appreacite that doesn’t help the OP

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Feel for you mate. Insured?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. We’re at GG for the weekend. Seen plenty of bikes not locked up and left whilst people enjoy the Drop Off. There was a ladies Spesh FSR and a Genesis left hanging on the hooks under the deck today when we went in for dinner. I hung mine up next to them but locked it through the structure.

At the end of the day if someone wants your bike then they’ll nick it regardless. Given the unattended bikes I’ve seen today then I think you’ve been really unlucky.

fotorat
    Free Member

bent the door to get what car was that then?

mandog

sh1t. obviously professional thieves. i hope they get what’s coming to them

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The local chav’s are fully aware of what is laying around at that place, especially around lunchtime.

cinnamon_girl

That is really terrible. Do trail centres have security cameras?

twohats
    Free Member

bent the door to get what car was that then?

Something you can do on any car!

retro83
    Free Member

Aw bugger 🙁 It’s a real shitter that you have to worry about bikes even when they’re locked in a car. Such a good atmosphere there, really friendly but as ever spoilt by some thieving waste of skin 👿

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We were there last summer and there had been a spate of thefts in the car park and campsite, the bike shop guys said that they were seeing certain bikes targeted i.e. if you had a particularly desireable brand then you’d better be looking after it. They said that they were pretty sure who it was(?) but didn’t say anymore.

RepacK
    Free Member

What kind of car? How did they manage to bend the door frame? Was the car not alarmed? Jesus, dude thats such terrible luck..
    ps Ive seen types round there for sure – I was there some time ago & filling up on water at the tap & my bike was just outside the door but in full view of where I was stood & 2 types walked past & they scoped out me & the bike. Nothing happened but I swear if they had even looked like they were gonna touch my bike..

peteimpreza

TheDoctor.

I guess you are feeling pretty bad at the moment but is there any chance of a fuller report? Were the police interested and of any help? What did the Center staff have to say?

loddrik
    Free Member

let’s be honest, glyncorwygg is hardly the most properous place on earth is it, so it is hardly surprising that there are thefts of unmanned bikes…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What loddrik said.

IdleJon

loddrik – Member
    let’s be honest, glyncorwygg is hardly the most properous place on earth is it, so it is hardly surprising that there are thefts of unmanned bikes…

But having said that, it’s not necessarily locals. Glyncorrwg is an easy drive from the M4, is pretty well known, and if you were an enterprising bike thief, where would you go?

I’m always surprised that there aren’t more thefts.

loddrik
    Free Member

I would probably move to glycorrwyg and wait for people to leave their cars unattended.

Let’s be honest, you wouldn’t leave a satnav on show locked in a car let alone something like say, a laptop. So why would anyone assume that a bike(s) worth many times as much will not be a similar target.

shands
    Free Member

Gutted for you mate. I am fairly local so will keep an eye out for it. Speak to the Steve & Kevin and the boys in the shop to keep an eye for it as well. It always pisses me off when nob heads do this. It ruins the local economy and lots of local people benefit from it.

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

dude i feel for you… Thats not nice at all.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

That’s awful news.
    To those that think specific cars are safe ,or otherwise be warned. They use a lever to prise open the door and take whatever they want. It happened to us many moons ago,outside our house and the car was alarmed.

takisawa2

Shit news mate, commiserations to you.

How long before this kind of thing escalates to trail side hijackings…
    (Lonely section of trail, adjacent handy escape road, look-out further up trail giving the nod etc.)

Frankers
    Free Member

Tell ya what Paul that’s a good reason that when I go over the Chase I always make sure I take my mate who’s a trained killer 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

that happened to my cousin a couple of years ago while riding off road in leeds one eve on his own takisawa2 🙁

loddrik
    Free Member

there was a lad killed for a bike a couple of years ago in Liverpool not that far from me, bike was nothing special either.

muddy@rseguy

Really sorry to hear that, not nice at all. Big group of us were up at Glycorrwyg on saturday afternoon, didnt see anything Im afraid 🙁

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN Today at Glyncorrwg’ is closed to new replies.