Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • stolen Sunday/Monday: south manchester. On-One geared inbred & Boardman team CX
  • prettygreenparrot

happened Sunday night/before 06:00 Monday morning.

Taken
    A small inbred in white with rigid forks. Mostly stock stuff on it except for the Hope M1s and short bontrager stem. This was my SO’s bike.

A Boardman Team CX. With a set of nice lights 🙁 and a rack, and mudguards, and… Bike to work bike.

The story
    Got up to feed our hens. Noticed the side door to the garage had been screwdrivered open. This tore the surface-mounted mortice lock off the inside of the door.

Really annoyed that they’d wrecked my SO’s garden ratchet loppers snipping through the kryptonite ‘toffee’ cable that I’d used to string through a Kona (no pedals, left behind), the On-One, the Boardman, and an Orange sub 5 frame with 5th element shock. The bikes were hung from the roof brace by their saddles. The cable was fastened to the roof brace with a proper lock.

More annoyed that they scuffed a freshly painted door I had on some trestles nearby. And they left the loppers and some bike parts (SID SLs, 26″wheel, shimano Deore hydraulics, carbon bars & stem) on top of the door. Not eager to re-sand and paint that after getting such a nice finish on it.

They used some sort of penknife to try and cut the Abus motorcycle lock I use to lock my other bike to a floor anchor. The plastic cover was a bit scuffed.

I had to fly off to a meeting that morning so it was extra hassle I could have done without.

GM Police were very efficient at logging the report, quizzing me for more info, and determining if CSI might get any prints & stuff from the surfaces.

My flight back on Tuesday was delayed so I didn’t get to check for anything else missing until Wednesday night. Only a couple of other things went: a Kärchner K4 washer and a set of hedge trimmers.

now to the insurance…

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Where abouts in South Manc PGP, i’ll keep an eye out?

There have been some mention of Disley Tops, Chinley etc on facebook this week.

prettygreenparrot

Didsbury.

I wondered whether it might have been some conference high jinks as I hear there were some political celebrities in the area this week.

penster
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than some scrotes stealing your heard earned gear and leaving behind a mess.

I ride in South Manchester sometimes and occasionally peruse ebay/etc, I’ll keep an eye out too. Any photos of the bikes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘stolen Sunday/Monday: south manchester. On-One geared inbred & Boardman team CX’ is closed to new replies.