Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • Stolen : Stumpy from LBS workshop
  • gogg
    Free Member

But that’s his business and his choice….

I guess that’s why he has such a great reputation.

😀

LoCo
    Free Member

No not at all, the insurance on the lost shock covered the replacement ccdb at trade price ( including spring and hardware) too, so the point I have made repeatedly is that £2500 at trade price will get the OP what he wants and maybe higher spec.
    Which is what I’d expect the shop to do.
    This is the issue with forums, emails and non face to face communications that anything said can be misunderstood or just ignored.
    Anyway I’m on holiday now so have a good weekend.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Mods, do us all a favour a close this thread so the kids can get back to their sandpit.
    OP, I hope you get this sorted to your satisfaction.

GHill

Not sure if this is the time to admit that I work for a very large multinational insurance company…

I knew there was something shifty about you. 😛

njee20
    Free Member

Foiled 😳

IdleJon

LoCo – Member
    This is the issue with forums, emails and non face to face communications that anything said can be misunderstood or just ignored.

Indeed. But your problem is that your posts represent your business and some of them suggest a lot less empathy or understanding of your customers than I’d expect. This, for instance, I have a real problem with:

LoCo – Member
    I expect they’ll give the op a 2.5k (trade price) bike so he’ll get something nice as it’ll be less hassle and they won’t loose to much money as they’ll have lost half day labour sorting it out.

Really? 🙄

I am genuinely suspicious that you are supporting the shop because you know the owners? You are based a short drive away from Cardiff I believe?

marmaduke
    Free Member

He’s not necessarily taking the shop’s side. The shop is probably mindful of the fact that they have had to sink a lot of hours into fixing their mistake and don’t want it to take up any more time during the busy season.

IdleJon

And because it’s 4am, I’ve got insomnia and I’m bored…. 🙄

I still can’t see where the shop got £2500 from. (And £2.5k retail, not trade it seems!)

2004 stumpy pro frame + seatpost and saddle
    2006 rockshox duke forks
    M785 XT groupset + pedals
    M785 XT brakes with centre lock rotors
    M785 XT hubs, nukeproof 650b TR rims, DT swiss comp spokes
    Hope headset
    Easton bars and kore stem (not sure of models

A full XT gruppo retails at £800 according to Merlin.
    What’s the equivalent of a Duke? Revelation @ £400ish?
    A couple of £hundred for wheels?
    Bars, stem, seatpost, saddle – £100 – 150ish?
    Tyres, tubes, cables, grips, headset etc – £120?

That leaves a chunk under a grand to fit a frame in there somewhere. A decent FS frame for something like £800?

stinkingdylan, sorry my friend but you are being royally ripped off.

stinkingdylan
    Free Member

The 2.5k figure is from the shops insurance, not the opinion of the shop.

There is no way to build a new bike to the same spec on the 2.5k budget (as far as I know, not without some excellent bargains/deals).

I’ve decided to buy a second hand bike, then replace the wheels, groupset and brakes (and whatever else may need replacing). Can easily do this given the 2.5k and some bargain hunting on components (and essentailly gets me to the same position minus 2+ months of riding and a fair bit a hassle).

Currently still waiting on the shops insurance which is annoying as I was expecting them to sort the issue with me and then claim via their insurance.

Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Stolen : Stumpy from LBS workshop’ is closed to new replies.