• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stolen Santa Cruz Nomad and Ragley Piglet – South Manchester
  • philhadfield

H Guys, Sorry to put a bit of a downer post on a Friday night but my riding buddy has has a black (and blue) Santa Cruz nomad carbon, 26″ (iodine wheels and fox 36 talas forks) and a 26″ green ragley piglet (fox 36 forks) robbed by scum bags from his shed in the South Manchester area. Please can you keep your eyes peeled and let me know if you see anything similar for sale. Thanks

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out for those bikes…

There are some nutters about at the moment. A few of them smashed through my garage roof using metal bars just before Christmas – while I was washing up in the kitchen ! The Police turned up 2 hours later and didn’t give a damn.

julians
    Free Member

Theres a lot of bike being stolen in south Manchester at the moment,ive heard of quite a few going in through the roof. Seems to be the trendy wsy to get into a garage at the moment.

My neighbour was burgled in the same way just after xmas

chocolateteapot
    Free Member

My T-130rs was taken from Wilmslow beginning of December, just jemmied the door open on my outbuilding, happened at 20:50 whilst I was in the house also!

I’ll keep an eye out for these though 🙂

philhadfield

Thanks Guys

matlockmeat
    Free Member

[Quote]DiscJockey – Member
    I’ll keep an eye out for those bikes…

There are some nutters about at the moment. A few of them smashed through my garage roof using metal bars just before Christmas – while I was washing up in the kitchen ! The Police turned up 2 hours later and didn’t give a damn.[/quote]

Absolute scum, did they get away with anything or were they disturbed.

binners

Will keep an eye open northside

Just to remind you all that if you’re using Strava, then bung your privacy zones in, so that your routes don’t start from your house. Thieves in Manchester are using it to source bikes to rob

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Matlockmeat – fortunately the thieves didn’t get any bikes, mainly because my garage is linked to the house alarm, and when that went off, they legged it, grabbing a big sport bag and power tools (and BBQ and cat-box !) on the way out. It worries me that they saw my bikes, but the police think the alarm will put them off returning. I’ve since spent a small fortune on CCTV (I can view 8 cameras from my mobile phone – woohoo).

Had the thieves stayed longer, they would have needed a quite a few minutes with an axle-grinder to get through the Abus motorbike chains locking the bikes to floor anchors. I’d probably have confronted them with my ice-axe by that stage….

They did try to crowbar the garage defender on the outside of the main door, and managed to bend it, but gave up eventually.

So, I can be fairly glad the investment I made in locks and alarm sensors has probably paid off. Some people say it’s not worth trying to defend yourself as thieves will get through anything, but I’m not so sure now. Call me stupid, but I don’t pay extra insurance cover for bikes worth >£1k- I save the money and spend it on physical security.

My insurers should be thanking me that nothing of any value got stolen (which I’d then be claiming), but like the police, they couldn’t give a toss…

binners – yes, good point about Strava (I do have mine set that way already). It might have been the 591s on my roof-rack that gave it away, but then I’m certainly not the only one on my street with them.

DT78
    Free Member

DJ sent you an email asking about recommendations for cctv/alarms

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Santa Cruz Nomad and Ragley Piglet – South Manchester’ is closed to new replies.