Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ****STOLEN *** Santa Cruz Blur LT 2011 – Gold Hope Brakes
  • white0385
    Free Member

The bastards took my beloved new bike today. Even took the ground anchor that it was bolted to the floor with from my garage in Leeds. Please be aware and please keep a look out for it.

Santa Cruz Blur LT 2011 – Jet Black.
    Revelation 150 (Black) forks, tapered steerer and a 15mm bolt through.
    Gold Hope X2 brakes and rotars
    Carbon answer bars and Rove stem
    XT and SLX gearing
    Specialized command post 2012.

She was beautiful….

Any help would be great…. Cheers.

stevied
    Free Member

B*stards indeed. Hope they find you bike and the scrotes who took it then cut off their hands. That’s what I’d do anyway..but they’d probably just get a ‘telling off’

chris_db
    Free Member

Where in Leeds?

I’ll keep my eyes open in Otley.

ads678

Stick a pic up. I’m in leeds so will keep an eye out.

bongobiker
    Free Member

I’ll keep my eyes open round east Leeds.

5thumbs
    Free Member

Be useful to know what part of Leeds. How did they get in? Sounds like a pretty determined bunch of scroats if they took the ground anchor…

I had my bikes nicked from by garage in Leeds earlier this year. Checked ebay and gumtree for months but nothing showed. Speaking to Ed at Crosstrax he said the word is that many high end bikes end up on ebay in central Europe. Beggers belief!

Bit late for me but might be worth you checking ebay a bit further afield

white0385
    Free Member

Thank you to you all.

Would love to know how they did it as they only had a two hour window while there was no one in and the Border terrier (a want to be guard dog) was in her cage! I’m usually in all the time and the bike tends to get driven around to places. I live in North Leeds – Roundhay.

They dug the anchor up with a pick axe. I think that for next time I’m going to sink a real anchor and cover it a lot of concrete!!

Will dig a pic up to post on the net.

Cheers everyone and keep an eye out for shinny bits in Leeds for sale!!

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Well planned that was to dig a ground anchor out, I too have a blur LT but all XTR , i would be gutted if mine was taken
    I hope you get some leads on this and they catch the scumbags

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Bad times J. Bad times. Complete utter ba5tards! Get a pic of the bike up for all to see.

What have the police said? Anyway drop me an e-mail and let me know if I can help.

5thumbs
    Free Member

Pickaxe? Bloody hell! 😯

I’m in Oakwood and since getting my bikes nicked I’ve definitely upped the security – alarm, ground anchor Allmax chain etc.

Did fee a bit more reassured after doing that lot but now I’m not so sure …(rushes off to check garage)

smiff
    Free Member

if someone’s in a private garage in a planned attack, no amount of lockage is going to stop them is it. you probably have all the tools they need around.
    also someone pointed out the other day, tea leaves are quite happy to cut your frame if they’re going to just sell the parts.

european ebay thing is interesting but wouldn’t it still show up on ebay UK? not that there’s f* all you could do about it :/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘****STOLEN *** Santa Cruz Blur LT 2011 – Gold Hope Brakes’ is closed to new replies.