Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • STOLEN: Ragley Bluepig and Specialized XC Pro
  • luc011001
    Free Member

Afternoon All.

Just wanted to post to ask if you would all be so kind as to keep an eye out for either of the two bikes listed that some scum tea leaf(s) took from my garage a couple of nights ago.

The first would probably be the most easily recognised as i built it myself…

Full Spec/Features:
    – 16″ Ragley Blue Pig frame in Orange(skwosh) – first edition, with only two decals – one on headtube and one on bottom of downtube near crank
    – Pace RC41 XCAM Forks with 20mm bolt through dropouts
    – 165mm Middleburn cranks 3-ring with red spider and white DMR V12 pedals.
    – Schwalbe Nobby Nic F and Rapcing Ralph R tyres
    – White Peaty grips and White BelAir Saddle
    -Cane Creek S3 Headset and On One 70mm Machined Alu Stem.
    – Bike also had mounting bracket for Ay-Up LED Lights on handlebars which aren’t too common.

Ragley Blue Pig 02 by luc011001, on Flickr

[/url]
    Ragley Blue Pig 03 by luc011001, on Flickr[/img]

The second bike was a 2007 Specialized FSR XC Pro (Medium) with a pretty standard spec with only a few upgrades:

– M4 FSR Frame in red with Fox Triad rear shock
    – Rockshox Reba SL (100mm) Forks
    – SRAM X5/9 Gearset
    – Avid Juicy 3 Brakes
    – Mavic Crossride Wheelset with dual use rims (i.e. disc or rim brakes)
    – Brown Charge Spoon Saddle (Not in picture)
    – Continental 1.2″ Road slicks (Not in picture)
    – Again an AY-UP LED light mount on handlebars which is relatively rare.

Specialized XC Pro by luc011001, on Flickr
    It’s a long shot I know, but if there is any of you good people out there that come across either of these bikes on your travels, please could you let me know.

Cheers

James

wwaswas

that Ragley looks lovely – you must be gutted 🙁

Where are you?

Clover

You’ve set up an ebay watch list for them haven’t you? They sometimes turn up in a while (once the tea leaves think that it’s gone quiet). The polis have been known to go and collect them for you.

Someone on here saw their bike on gumtree looking for a ‘swap’ – hot bike for a cold. Don’t know how it turned out…

luc011001
    Free Member

I’m in Allerton Bywater in between Leeds and Castleford. When you say a watch list for eBay, do you mean a “saved Search”… notifying me when something of a certain description is listed? If so, yes, i have. And yes, I am gutted. The Ragley especially as I built it up over a long time, bought/researched every part and had it just to my liking. I wrote a list yesterday of all the bits on it to work out a cost for the insurers and I could have cried.

It gets worse when I find out the insurance comapny messed up our policy and only ever listed one bike on our listed items bit of the policy. They only cover up to £1000 per bike so I am looking at a max £1000 payout for both bikes lost.

Clover

Yes that’s what I mean – there are many threads about bike theft (and happily recovery) on here. So cross fingers – there’s some good and some dubious advice on this:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/gumtree-a-more-wretched-hive-of-scum-and-villainy

Always worth sauntering round any dodgy bike shops in the area and checking local small ads. Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN: Ragley Bluepig and Specialized XC Pro’ is closed to new replies.