Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stolen Orange Bikes
  • tonireed
    Free Member

Hi everyone, we had 3 Orange Mountain bikes stolen last night from Weston-super-Mare. They are quite distinctive. A Neon Yellow Alpine 160 with lots of bespoke parts and Easton Haven rims, a Pink Orange Five 14″ long with Neon Green Hope Rims and a White Orange Diva Hardtail 17″. If you see anything that sounds similar, please let me or the police know. I’m absolutely heartbroken 🙁

rudyard197
    Free Member

These are friends of mine and live just round the corner.So bit of a bump. The lengths the scum went to is unreal. Through a neighbours garden, cut a bike shape hole in a very thick bush and removed sharp pointy stones from the top of an old stone wall. Then broke into a steel shed with a very thick secure lock just feet away from the house.The bikes were lifted out of the garden over the wall and through the new hole in the bush!All while they were asleep.The bikes were all built from the frame up with unique parts so very recognisable. Pretty much of the opinion now that if they want them they will get them what ever you do. My bikes were moved from the garage to the spare bedroom last night!Any suggestions about where the best place to look for them on sale or the parts, or where to post about the theft? Cheers.

rickon
    Free Member

Check eBay, gumtree, pinkbike. Likely not find them though.

Hope you’ve got insurance.

What lock and chain did you have on the bikes? And what did they use to cut through?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

What sort of locks/anchors in the shed were breached if any?

I’ll add to my watchlists on the bay.

allthepies
    Free Member

So they knew the bikes were there. The question is how did they know that ?

reedspeed
    Free Member

We all Need to Sleep with a 357 magnum under our pillow !..

I **** hate thieves !..

Clover

🙁 sorry to hear this… that’s quite a lot of ‘local knowledge’.

tonireed
    Free Member

Thanks for your suggestions guys. We are already checking all the usual web sites. The police said thieves are hanging around at trail centres and following people home, so there’s a warning to us all.. Thought our bikes were very secure but it juat goes to show you that a really determined thief can overcome a lot of obstacles! 🙁

tonireed
    Free Member

Please keep your eyes pealed for our bikes.

senorj

What a bunch of arse.sorry.
    Just out of interest,which trail centres had you ridden in the previous two weeks?
    Hope you get them back.

tonireed
    Free Member

Actually we hadn’t ridden any trail centres in the last 3 weeks, but had ridden from The Crown at Churchill several times. The Police said that Ashton Court in Bristol is a hot spot for follows home but we hadn’t been there for 8 months or more.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Orange Bikes’ is closed to new replies.