Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Stolen!! On One inbred Leicester area
  • asbrooks

Hi,
    my trusted Inbred was stolen in Leicester last night.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/tPZ4ux]Inbred[/url] by asteedbrooks, on Flickr

As you can see it’s quite distinctive.
    Aside from the 18″ black frame with gold decals, the wheels are (obviously red)Hope Hoops Pro3 XC6 – Ltd Edition.. So not many of those around.
    I have just (2 weeks ago) put new rockshox revelations on it. Also a T Mars dropper post.

The rest of the kit is a mixture of Shimano and Truvativ components.
    XT M775 Brakes, Deore rear mech, Zee shifter.
    Truvativ double and bash crankset.

So those of you that live East Midlands way could you please keep an eye out for it.

Thank very Much
    Andrew

PiknMix
    Free Member

That’s crap matey, where abouts are you? I’ll keep my eyes peeled I’m in LE7.

everyone
    Free Member

That sucks mate. I’ll keep a look out.

asbrooks

Thanks @ Pik n Mix.
    LE3, but the police say there’s a gang operating in our area out of Coventry. So it could be anywhere in the east mids

everyone
    Free Member

That’s scary, do you think they followed you home from the ride last night?

asbrooks

Not sure if they followed me home, however my neighbour had his car broken into last weekend.
    Then all off a sudden you here that 5-6 people have had their cars broken into over the last 3 weeks in the same area.
    I think they just roam about till they find something that interests them.

ads678

Bastards! I’m down in Mount Sorrel this weekend so will keep an eye out.

asbrooks

Thanks ads678

dannyh
    Free Member

Bloody hell, Andy. That’s a bummer.

Hope you weren’t followed from the ride last night (I doubt it, though).

Probably just a bunch of bastards.

I’ll keep an eye out. I’m not a big user of eBay etc, but I’d definitely recognise it if I saw it out and about.

I guess that means you won’t be out on Saturday morning. Hope you get some joy, especially after the recent fork and dropper upgrades.

🙁

fin25
    Free Member

Got quite a long commute round Leicester, will keep an eye out.

asbrooks

@Danny, I’ll be trawling the pawn shops this weekend. It’s not likely it’ll go on ebay straight away.
    It’s highly unlikely we’ll see someone out on it on the trails anytime soon, the police officer says they generally get sold on to feed some sort of habit so will change hands among the thieves network. They tend to show up after they’ve been told two or three times. Hence the pawn brokers search first.

@fin25, thanks!

BillOddie

Eyes Peeled in LE6!

fin25
    Free Member

The pawn shop in Beaumont Leys is notorious for nicked bikes, but then again, so are most of them… 👿

ads678

I’m from Beaumont Leys and it was full of stolen bikes when I was a kid, has it changed much in the last 25 years??

fin25
    Free Member

Worked with a few young offenders over the last few years, all the ones who nicked bikes took them there.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Shared on Facebook so all my riding pals in the Coventry/Nuneaton areas will have seen it.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out too.

asbrooks

Thanks for keeping a lookout chaps!

asbrooks

I believe that the bike has now been sold on, It turned up on Gumtree on Monday and has now been sold. So some unsuspecting person may be riding around in it.
    Please keep an eye out for it.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Live in glen parva, work in market Bosworth. I’ll keep an eye out.

luddite
    Free Member

Live LE10 and work driving about in Cov so will keep an eye out.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Mrs Toast to the thread!

emac65
    Free Member

This site looks useful for people who have had their bikes stolen
    click

asbrooks

Up date!
    The police have arrested someone and have recovered some parts.
    The frame is missing along with a few small bits.

andyl
    Free Member

Some positive news!

Fingers crossed the rest turns up, really like the inbred in that colour scheme.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Hope you manage retrieve the rest of it! As emac said, http://www.stolen-bikes.co.uk is a great place to get your details up and to use the ‘Find that Bike’ feature (which collects adverts from Gumtree, eBay, Preloved, etc).

randomtim
    Free Member

Live east side of LEICS out near Uppingham and currently have a buiding site in Cov. will keep peeled for anyone trying to sell on to unsuspecting builders

BillMC

I study every bike that passes through Uppingham. Sadly I haven’t seen that one.

asbrooks

Update!

Not enough evidence to prosecute, it’s annoying that after I found the guy myself and the police catching him with the items at his home address. The CPS don’t have enough evidence to prosecute.

Anyway I’m moving on. Building up another inbred.

Thanks for offering support and keeping an eye out. Much appreciated!

scandal42
    Free Member

Free to carry on stealing at his leisure.

To be fair you know where he lives so you could send him a sinister letter stating you will be watching the scummy **** should he go on robbing.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Stolen!! On One inbred Leicester area’ is closed to new replies.