Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • STOLEN: NS Suburban, Manchester City Centre/Salford
  • serenaur
    Free Member

My NS Suburban 26 was stolen at 19:12, 21/6/2011 from the Manchester student village carpark. If anyone sees it in or around Manchester then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know asap. Also please pass this on to as many manchester folk as possible.

Yes it was locked up, yes there’s CCTV and yes I’ve informed the police but short of going on a manhunt (I’ve already gone for a snoop, I will be returning to dodgy areas of Manchester over the next week) around Mosside I’m doubtful I’ll see it again.

Here’s some spec:

-NS Suburban 26 frame, grey
    -Marzocchi DJ3 forks, black and red
    -DMR Wheels on DMR hubs, black rims and front hub, red anodised red rear hub
    -Wide NS handlebars, white
    -White half link chain
    -White Sunline grips (lock on)
    -Shimano Deore rear hydraulic disc brake, grey lever, white hose and black caliper
    -Shimano Deore cranks with external BB, black but worn from pedalling
    -Grey and red DMR seat, scratched seatpost seized in the position in the photo
    -Grey DMR V8 pedals
    -DMR Moto front tyre, very worn kenda K-Rad tyre on the rear
    -Chunky 4 bolt square stem
    -No front brake
    -It had a light clip on the right hand side of the handlebar next to the stem.

It’s a pretty original bike as the grey and white detail isn’t that common.

Any info leading to the return of my bike will result of a reward of some sort. *I’m not loaded but I can offer a photoshoot (check my photos if you like: http://serenaur.pinkbike.com/) or something like that!

I just want my bike back!

Bit of an update: I went for a cruise around some dodgy estates yesterday and saw some kid (about 15/16) riding it around in Salford. I gave chase to him but his local knowledge of all the little alleys meant he got away. He dropped his phone though (it broke, wouldn’t turn back on) and now the police have it so I’m just waiting for a call from Manchester City Centre police tomorrow to see what happens next. The kid said he bought it from a market and he looked perfectly happy to be riding around on it before I started sprinting at him so it may not be broken for parts.

I’m kind of glad it wasn’t just split for parts as at least there’s a hope I’ll get it back, failing that the cops know it’s roughly in Salford (at the moment) or if I can assemble some mates (I don’t have many in Manchester yet) we might be able to go and get it back vigilante style but I’m not exactly hopeful…

The kid stole my bike by riding into the carpark it was locked up in on an old bike, breaking my lock and replacing my bike with his, it took him about 8 seconds to get in and out according to the cctv footage. Luckily the security at the carpark (Manchester student village) noticed it and thought it was odd so they took the bike he left into storage and are happy for the police to take it away for inspection. As well as having his old bike they have 2 different feeds of CCTV and the guy I saw yesterday’s phone (hard to tell if it was the same person, I don’t think it was though) so there’s plenty for them to go off.

This is the guy riding out of the carpark:

Please keep a beady eye out for it around Salford/Manchester and if you see it please contact me at serenaur(at)hotmail(dot)com

Thanks

chewkw
    Free Member

Pray that the scambag gets run over by a lorry … crush like a maggot with guts all over road while the bike remain intact with not even a scratch.

serenaur
    Free Member

Ha ha yep that’s what I’m hoping!!

Bregante

Where exactly in Salford did you see him, road names? I’m out and about round there working all weekend. And know a lot of the local scrotes…..

Bregante

Serenaur, drop me an email with your mobile and photo attachments so that I can print them off at work later. Email is in profile….

hp_source

Keeping ’em peeled for you!

Pretty unique bike, hopefully that’ll help people spot it.

lord
    Free Member

this is on gumtree
    cant see a email to contact you directly

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The dirty scrote. I’ll keep my eyes peeled too mate, work in the city centre.

timmys

cant see a email to contact you directly

From the opening post “please contact me at serenaur(at)hotmail(dot)com”

I’ve emailed him but feel free to do the same.

lord
    Free Member

must be blind , ive also mailed him now .

serenaur
    Free Member

Ah thanks guy, really appreciate this! There are loads of different parts on that bike but I’ll arrange a viewing as the advert is hardly full of info and as someone said he might have just pulled a photo off the web.

Thanks again! I have been looking on Gumtree and and Ebay regularly but nothing has come up around Manchester apart from this.

I will keep this updated!

lord
    Free Member

how did you get on ?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Give the CCTV pic and story to your local rag

ilovemygears
    Free Member

keep you bike in-side, and insured

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN: NS Suburban, Manchester City Centre/Salford’ is closed to new replies.