Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)
  • STOLEN LAST NIGHT – Hinckley – JONES, COTIC, SPECIALIZED
  • neilb67
    Free Member

Hows Alex's replacement coming on…?

Chainline
    Free Member

Oh, she's in lurve 😀 Ta

Chainline
    Free Member

I must send you details to sort the receipt out 😉

neilb67
    Free Member

No probs, I'm up there on Monday, I'll pick it up.

Chainline
    Free Member

Any news anyone?

I'm still scanning the bay, trying to keep on top of gumtree.

Can't imagine the parts will come up but less common stuff might be:

Erikson ti post with brooks ti swift saddle

JJ XTR crank with 34T blackspire mono veloce & ti crank arm bolts, Chris King BB.

Rear wheel: wheelChris King SS rear hub on a Gordo, black spokesm black nipples with a 6 spd XT cassette and WTB Weirwolf LT Race 2.55

PAul Thumbie, dura ace lever attached toi xtr gs rear mech.

And finally Front Wheel that will only fit Jones fat fork:

Phil Wood hub 135, gordo rim, black spoke, black nipples, WTB Weirwolf

Cheers to anyone looking out for me.

Phil

Chainline
    Free Member

bumpety bump, still hopeful, still polling bike shops etc…

Chainline
    Free Member

No sightings over xmas then?

Chainline
    Free Member

Ever hopeful this might crop up 🙁

jedi

where was it? london?

Chainline
    Free Member

No, Hinckley in Leicestershire?

There was a recent haul in Cheshire I found out about, was gonna call the Police with my Frame numbers (They already have them here but I don't think it's a high priority anymore.

There is one Jones in London I know of.

Pleased you got your bike back by the way.

jedi

ok, i'll keep eyes open down here and let the new contacts i have know

Chainline
    Free Member

Some good news at least, the Specialized and Islabike have been recovered, bad news is not the Jones or the Cotic. A low level scrote in Leicester has been found guilty of possession and sentenced, although I don't know what he got yet. Not enough evidence to charge him with the burglary. I hope the police get some information to track the others in some way.

So, still a plea to keep your eyes out for a Jones with fat Phil wood front hub, erikson post, brooks saddle and jones cranks with blackspire (all the 'different' features I can think of compared to most other Jones's and also a Custard Cotic Soul with Royce hubs on dt4.1s and XTR running gear and black revalations

Cheers all and happy new year

swampi
    Free Member

they should chop his bloody fingers off,some scrote in leicester stripped off all my transmission/forks and wheels from a so call secured bike park at leicester hospital, sure my stuff will never turn up, punishment needs to be more of a deterent

Coyote
    Free Member

punishment needs to be more of a deterent

I couldn't agree more.

Frankers
    Free Member

Hey Phil

Glad you got some news, hopefully something might turn up round the midlands.

Neil

cb

If you 'know' who stole them is it not worth spending £100 to find out where the Jones is? Galling but I guess you'd like the bike back. Haven't read all this thread so you may be sorted for insurance now?

brakes
    Free Member

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but when will you give up on this and move on?

bobbyspangles

! have you ever had a bike stolen?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but when will you give up on this and move on?

I have to agree with bakes here and I've had 3 bikes stolen.

brakes
    Free Member

I don't mean it in a contrary way
    I've had 6 stolen over the years

orange
    Free Member

ditto bakes – been burgled and lost two very expensive bikes myself

i do hope you do get them back though

jedi

never give up!!!

Andy

Aye, good for Chainline's persistance. Good news.

bobbyspangles

never give up! i spotted my stolen bike being ridden past me and chased the little unt down-confronted him and got it back. always keep your eyes open and never give up.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

have you set google alerts up? youll get a lot of mail but ive found stolen stuff this way online

Chainline
    Free Member

yep still got the ebay etc, but not sure what you mean by google alerts?

and no I won't give up. For something off the shelf perhaps, for this, NO.

Have I moved on, yes I think so if you mean am I in emotional pain from it etc…but do I want it recovered, absolutely.

I spent the thick end of a year planning and discussing components and design, discussing ride, geometry and set up, then another year getting one off components made and waiting for it all to come together and be produced. As set up there are no others, none, I cannot get another one like it.

CHB

Never give up!
    If I see my 1997 Vitamin T2 with Snowflake wheel EVER, then woe betide the rider of it!

PeteG55
    Free Member

Don't think you should ever give up on this one. Sadly the cotic is 'just' a hardtail mountainbike to the untrained eye, give it a respray and its gone, but the Jones is a different kettle of fish. Hope you have some luck Chainline. I'd be gutted if any of my bikes went.

Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN LAST NIGHT – Hinckley – JONES, COTIC, SPECIALIZED’ is closed to new replies.