Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Stolen in Taunton
  • neverness
    Free Member

Chears headstack.

The police have now contacted me and have all the images so I suppose I just have to wait (unless any of my other flying monkeys come back with photos).

Turns out my wife was walking past here at the same time the photos were taken. I blame her. 😉

charlierevell
    Free Member

Ill keep an eye out now i’ve seen the bike!
    Would I get done if i stole the bike off him and handed it in???

spencer
    Free Member

Spotted in near Cannon Street car park 2 mins ago by a work colligue.

3.55 Friday 15th

Lionheart
    Free Member

real sorry about the theft but this is a cool thread, better than telly!! with real live heros (and villains) well done Sharki we are due through Taunton tomorrow so will keep a look out and pay homage.

neverness
    Free Member

Thanks Spencer! And thanks for the call, I have let the police know but they have told me not to go after him.

I have no idea if you would get nicked charlie and so I wouldn’t recommend it (though it would be so satisfying).

Crime reference number is: 60181/09 and the officer dealing with it is PC Burnett (01823 363274).

charlierevell
    Free Member

Im sooo tempted to go for a ride…. think i need a head cam so i can get up close all police camera action style!

neverness
    Free Member

Funny thing is lionheart, I really want him to be caught just as a massive thanks to sharki, spencer and co. It is like a pincer movement, we will get him!

Shall I send photos to the Gazzette?

neverness
    Free Member

What is the point in CCTV if you cant download it?! I just got a call from next door and their CCTV company say it isn’t possible with their system. What a load of shite.

sharki
    Free Member

charlie come and get me.
    We can cruise the street for abit.
    I.ll bring me forks.

Dibbs
    Free Member

If you send the pics to the Gazzette and they print them, won’t scrote just ditch the forks in the Tone?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Hello MR S…. I’ve just been out for a quick blat on the SS to see around the canon street area and couldnt see him, checked out town and no luck there either!
    If it wasnt me Birthday and i wasnt headin off to a gig at the breeewhouse then i’d come get you and we’d go nail the F*K3R!
    Ill be keeping a close eye on town for ya tho matey!

neverness
    Free Member

Yeah I know dibbs, I just want to do something else! At the moment we have the advantage..he has no idea the monkeys are closing in…

I am going to drive through town on the way home tonight. Not something I do lightly. I do have my SLR today.

neverness
    Free Member

Oh and if anyone is out at the weekend and spots anything, try and take a pic (mug shot!) but remember I really want him caught and so nicking the bike would probably loose any chance of that happening.
    Not that I would complain if anyone did hand the bike in obviously!

Jamie
    Free Member

sharki:

Look at the first image and see the cctv cam in the top left….they had been stood there for at least 10 mins….so with any luck his mush has been seen and recognized…..wanka.

Failing that the clown looking out the window must have seen something?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Im really tempted to suggest finding it somewhere whilst keeping an eye out and carrying a spare D Lock to put thru it!
    Then call the cops to watch and close in on him as he realises his stolen pride and joy is about to get him in some big trouble!

enfht
    Free Member

and carrying a spare D Lock to put thru it!

What a cool idea!!

If he cuts through the D lock can be he arrested for nicking the same bike twice?

This is the most riveting thread I’ve read, I just hope it doesn’t tip the **** off.

**** I hope he’s nicked and the fuzz take it seriously.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Ahh… this is what taunton locals are for! There has to be a comedy way to get him busted there’s sooo many scummy gits around here.
    We need more people like a healed sharki to protect and serve!
    Im shocked he fitted them to his bike and didnt flog them on! Stupid twunt!
    WE WILL CATCH HIM/HAVE HIM CAUGHT!

Other D Lock idea would be to get a few of us to DLOCK him to those Mc D’s railings and remove his clothes, kick him in the balls and leave him to the police.

neverness
    Free Member

Stand down people!

I have just had a call from the police, they have a man in custody who matches the photos, and thankfully also have the bike!

I am off there now. Update later.

peteimpreza

result!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

sharki
    Free Member

Result!

Great news Andy.

well done team.

enfht, lots of the Taunton bobbies are mtb’ers, he’ll prolly get a kicking in the cells..in fact if they could get away with it i know damn right he would…Ah maybe not a kicking as that would prove to be a comedy scene…

Private joke for us locals;-)

knottie8
    Free Member

Result…good work lads

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

What a result, and proof that good things can happen

please oh please let there be a hardcore bum raping coming up for this little scumbag……..to have the nuts to shove the forks on his own bike is class, i give him 3 years and he’ll be up on the net under Darwin Award when he breaks his neck trying to blow himself while driving his fiesta

neilforrow

great news.. it pays to be a contributor on STW…!!…

retro83
    Free Member

brilliant!

johnners
    Free Member

please oh please let there be a hardcore bum raping coming up for this little scumbag

Yes, because property theft is best dealt with by extra-judicial serious sexual assault.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Yes, because property theft is best dealt with by extra-judicial serious sexual assault.

The current law of the land doesn’t appear to be a deterrent, maybe its time to try something new.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

mabye, mabye not, but we should at least try…….shotgun to the face? i’ve got loads of these

johnners
    Free Member

The current law of the land doesn’t appear to be a deterrent, maybe its time to try something new.

Bit too new for my liking. Your life experience may have taught you that sexually brutalising criminals reduces re-offending, but I’m not convinced.

mabye, mabye not, but we should at least try…….shotgun to the face? i’ve got loads of these

I’ve no idea what you’re on about. It’s probably best that way.

sharki
    Free Member

The plan was to drag him through the town, by bike, with a bill board explaining who he is and what he’s done…

After, a few laps of the cobbled round about and down the steps by morrisons, i’d corner the pavement by debenhams in the wet, he should slide nicely into the wall there and i can then proceed into the gardens to the ramp into the canal..after a soaking, we return for another parade of the town, where he get tied to a bollard on the high street for 4 hrs…….mouth gaffer taped up, to muffle the crying…

Paint ball guns will be at hand, for the general public to use. then a sack over the noggin and off he goes to enlist in the army, directly to the middle east where it’s likely he’ll be buggered anally before being shot and ate….

Or give him to Erol to fed to the pigs

johnners
    Free Member

By the way, I’m really glad it looks like there’s been a result! Bum rape and shooting(?) aside.

trailmonkey

All hail robo-sharki.

Top boy 8)

sharki
    Free Member

In all fairness, i’m sure he’d of been nabbed reguardless of what i did.

If anyone it’s lurker spencer who was at the controls of the cctv joy stick to track this scrote..

But if you need me…

GreatWhyte
    Free Member

Best thread of the year so far!
    Right up there, ahem, so to speak, with the picolax thread.

Well done to all contributors.

shinsplints

Best thread of the year so far,with results to boot !

Good work fellas ! 8)

iDrew
    Free Member

Nice work guys 8)

spencer
    Free Member

Lurker lurker how dare you sharkie, it was just by chance my mate from work was in the area, as an avid mtber he spotted it straight away and called me. He has also been watching this thread, I posted it here and called andy at work to tip him off.

Spencer lurker

charlierevell
    Free Member

Excellent work gentlemen! What good news

neverness
    Free Member

Quick update because my internet is really flaky this evening but it was him, it was the bike and he is now detained for theft and possession.

He also had a rucksack full of gear stolen from a house the police were investigating so that was a double bonus. He is also not a nice person and well known for nicking stuff.

Basically they happened to recognise him while in town (due to spencers tip off) based on the photos sharki took (thanks mate, the police maybe in touch, if that is ok?). He was also still wearing the same stuff! The photos were only good enough for charging him with possession but the CCTV footage should be enough to get him charged for theft as well. Result.

He had binned my bars and shifters (SRAM doesn’t work with Shimano after all) but the Trek was stolen as well so they are tracing the owners of that at the moment.

Thank you everyone for helping on this, if you want to meet up next week some time for a drink, I most certainly owe you one.

😀

Happy weekend people!

sharki
    Free Member

I’ve got some SRAM shifters here if you require to borrow them till the insurance sort you, assuming you had some.

Glad it’s all resolved and the scrote gets more than he deserves.

Have you got the bits back?

Though i guess they need to keep hold of it all fer evidence.

They’ve got my number if not they can get it easily…No worries, i’ll be happy to assist them if needed.

A drink sounds a good idea…But not the Plough please, i happen to know most of the customers are , Alcoholics, crooks, ex cons and druggies…somewhere a little more friendy and with some where safe to park my bike up….You’ve got my addy, let me know when and where..

The only sad part of this stary is the bit where you say, ‘he’s well known for nicking stuff…’

Then why is he allowed to still walk the streets and breath?

neverness
    Free Member

I have sorted myself a temp bike thanks Sharki and I will sort a Bike to work halfords special next week. Might end up being a Jake the Snake though, we shall see. I am a bike tart after all.

All the police will need from you is your original photo files (they have to come direct from you apparently) and the time you took them. She will probably be in touch next week.

I doubt I will see the bits again sadly. They need them for evidence and can’t release them back to me until after the court date which could be months away. The police have suggested continuing with my insurance claim, partly because not all the bits were there, and also because I don’t think I can trust the bits anymore. Who knows how he treated them in such a short time. There was certainly more damage on the forks than before.

On the plus side of that, if anyone wants some cheep bits as listed in my first email they will inevitably appear in one of the Police auctions at some point.

I am happy not going to the Plough, the only reason to go there is the Pieminster pies anyway. I will let you know next week when I have a better idea when the boss will let me out to play. 😉

They apparently arrest him on a regular basis, but as someone with no fixed address is quite hard to pin down. They were pleased that they had a reason to keep him off the streets for the weekend though.

so…what tyres for commuting?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Stolen in Taunton’ is closed to new replies.