Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Stolen in Holcombe Brook yesterday: Yeti SB6C
  • binners

Stolen Yeti SB6C large, serial number 5DUFA510458IMG_0674

Black carbon frame, Mavic wheels, Fox forks and rear shock…

Lifted off a car rack in broad daylight, parked outside Holcombe Brook post office. There can’t be many of these around. Keep your eyes open for it.

Bregante

Noted.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Thieving B’stards.

I’m just up the road in Rammy, I’ll keep an eye out.

Matt

tops5
    Free Member

Bastards – shared your FB post (Merseyside area)

funkrodent

Sorry to hear that, b@st@rd5. NW based also, I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Method of extraction noted as well, I’ve been known to leave bike(s) on rack whilst nipping into shops. No longer 😐

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

How long will it be before we get a Horant about leaving bikes in broad daylight/shed/garage/anything other than your bed…

Sad though, best of luck getting that back.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That explains the dirty look I got this morning in Rammy on my Yeti. Someone was checking out my ride for being nicked.

Is there no CCTV at the Post Office that might help?

gonzy
    Free Member

i think i saw a post about this on facebook last night. whoever posted it mentioned that the culprit was wearing a hoody and hi viz jacket…i could be wrong though and it could be another unlucky individual.

hope the cops catch the thieving scrotebag.
    will keep an eye out in north manchester

binners

Thats the same one Gonzy. Middle of the afternoon, took it off the rack and rode it off

dirtydog
    Free Member

Probably worth letting Bike Register know about, they have several thousand followers up and down the country.

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ll tell my friends in the rossendale area to keep an eye out too Binners.

gonzy
    Free Member

if the scumbag did have a hi viz vest on…would it be reasonable to assume that he may have been working somewhere nearby? maybe some building site or similar?
    if the owner managed to see his face then it might be worth visiting some of these places to see if he is there.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Not being funny here but whoever left that on a roof rack asked for that kinda thing in the wrong kinda scenario of strangers walking past etc.

No sympathy from me apart from I hate bike thieves in any genuine situation of bike theft or burglary.

binners

It was Stuart Maconie who observed in one of his books, that if you want to blend seamlessly into the background, and melt from view in modern Britain, simply don a Hi Viz vest.

Oh… and thanks for your contribution hopeychondriact. Very helpful

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Nobeer – there you go. Hora must be off; he’s sent his stunt double to fill in.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

😉 HAPPY to be of help 😉

Plus anyone with mavic factory builds especially, deserve for it to be half inched.

ebennett

That sucks, lovely looking bike that. Will keep an eye out round Philips Park tonight.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

anyone with mavic factory builds especially, deserve for it to be half inched.

What a prize nob.

Are you Hayley321 under a new login?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Comeone lets not be twatty about it , at the end of the day somebody has lost a very expensive bike and whatever you think theyre the victim and critizing their behaviour doesn’t help anyone.I suspect theyre feeling bad enough already

binners

Blimey! I’ve just had a look how much those frames cost 😯

Thats a LOT of money’s worth to go missing. As it seems like it was a completely opportunistic theft, maybe someone doesn’t know quite what it is they’ve got. So it may surface in one of those illiterate ebay ads (grate bike, disk breaks and suspnshun both ends) from a new account. Then again it could well get punted on for 50 quid in some dodgy boozer, for someones next fix.

Fingers crossed

gonzy
    Free Member

keep a look out on the usual places such as ebay, gumtree and pinkbike. also keep a look out at all the nearby cash converters/generators.
    quite a few facebook buy/sell pages too that you’ll beend to keep an aye out on.

it might go as a full bike but more than likely will get stripped to arouse less suspicion.

deejayen
    Free Member

It might be worth signing up to findthatbike.com – it emails you daily with any new listings on Gumtree or eBay based on keywords you give it (eg “Yeti”).

iolo
    Free Member

Was it locked onto the rack? Someone must have tools to cut it off if it was. Do you park there regularly with the bike on the back. I’m gutted for you. That’s a nice bike. Hopefully you’ll get it back soon.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Why mine always goes inside the car

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

where had the owner driven from with the bike on his roof? could he have been tailed? hopefully it was a local opportunist, chances are he hasnt got far – try the Grants…!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why mine always goes inside the car

Very helpful.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Giving advise to bolt the stable door after the horse has bolted is not helpful other than to let folk get an insight into the type of person you are.

Will keep em peeled

hora
    Free Member

Im not going to kick a man when hes down. The only thing we can do is say remember never leave your bike outside the pub on your car or when you pop into a motorway services. A thin lock with any name on means nothing.

I once locked my singlespeed infront of the gym window at sports city, legged it in so I could see it and same out. Someone had had a crack at the motorbike chain on it within those 1min eitherway it was out of sight.

Im keeping a lookout for the bike pictured (or in bits). I’d have been sick. We all make mistakes 🙁

keng38
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out and posted onto local mtb facebook groups.(lee quarry area)
    Saw a video once (maybe on here) some kid pulled a bike off roof bars in 20 seconds and rode off.

chakaping
    Free Member

hopeychondriact –

Aren’t you supposed to be back at school now sunshine?

psycorp
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^

He deserved/asked for that.

Bad luck OP. I’ve been on the wrong end of the thieving f#%$ers too. I was targeted through an ebay sale though.

Hope you get it back.

jamj1974

Arseholes

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Stolen in Holcombe Brook yesterday: Yeti SB6C’ is closed to new replies.