Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stolen in Bristol – Santa Cruz Nomad and Pace RC405
  • MrAgreeable

Can all Bristol people keep an eye out for these. Don't know the precise circumstances of the theft, other than that they were stolen from the chap's house, but they are two very nice bikes with no-holds-barred specs.

See here for full specs:

http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/2009/09/paul-s-pace-rc-405-and-santa-cruz-nomad.html

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

Very nice Santa Cruz Nomad…

MrAgreeable

Indeed. Owned for a mere two months before the scummers made off with it. 🙁

Philby

Bugger! Will keep a look out in the Redland and Clifton Down areas.

Always slightly unsure what to do when you see a bike which you think may have been nicked, and particularly those where someone is riding them. Don't want to appear judgemental!

Saw a character hanging around the grottier bit of Stapleton Road on a very nice blue Colnago last month which looked completely inappropriate as he looked more like he was dealing than going on a ride.

deluded
    Free Member

I assume this has been reported to the police?

Whilst I’ve every confidence in my colleagues I’ll dig into the crime report tomorrow to make sure everything is being done to find the offenders and the bikes. I’ll ensure the bikes are circulated across all district stations for observations during intelligence briefings. A Southmead PC stopped a local thief about two weeks ago on a high-end road bike (Colnago I think) stolen from Flax Bourton, so the message is getting out there to be more aware of bike thefts. I’ll also speak to the Burglary Squad DS who has had some success of late recovering stolen bikes.

All the best.

ransos
    Free Member

One of the Cheesy Riders spotted his Bob Jackson on Ebay, and the local police got it back for him. So there is some hope.

MrAgreeable

I assume this has been reported to the police?

Yes, pics and descriptions have been sent to John Glynn apparently (no idea what station he's at Larry, sorry).

Ransos, I've also had a bike successfully recovered in similar circumstances. There have been a few spottings of dodgy sales on eBay that have resulted in arrests of late.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Bad news.

I've got an Ebay search for Nomads saved at the moment, I'll let you know if anything comes up.

How were they secured, if I might ask?

deluded
    Free Member

Cheers Antony, I'll have a chat with him tomorrow if I need any further information that's not on the report (and he's on duty).

All the best.

MrAgreeable

No worries Larry.

How were they secured, if I might ask?

A-D, not sure, he didn't divulge that information (perhaps understandably if he thinks they might be back for his replacements). I understand Taylor's sorted you out so I doubt you've got much to worry about? 😉

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

sorry, didnt notice you were the original poster! Not been burgled for weeks (touch wood), those locks, lights, chains, alarms, sensors, signs etc might be helping….

Not heard anything further from that officer at Southmead though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stolen in Bristol – Santa Cruz Nomad and Pace RC405’ is closed to new replies.