Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • STOLEN IN ANDOVER TONIGHT: Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
  • thepublican
    Free Member

hi stw massive… some scumbag has taken my nearly new Santa Cruz Nomad carbon from the the train I was travelling to London on at andover station when he got off and legged it with it.. 10 feet from me. If anyone is local to the area and can can keep there I eyes out I would be incredibly grateful. Shaking a bit writing this tbh.

£500 Reward for any info leading to it’s recovery.

Details:

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon (size large, white)
    Fox rp23
    Fox 36 float rc2 kashimas
    Full xtr
    crossmax st
    maxxis swampthings.

Also has bright green grips(sorry, I know), exposure flare/flash led lights, and a dog basket & lead on the front. (yes really!)

Thanks in advance, Ben.

Lifer
    Free Member

That sucks mate, on the plus side the train/station CCTV will hopefully have a nice shot of him.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Sorry I can’t be of any help, but best of luck to you, what goes around comes around…

thepublican
    Free Member

bump!

Admiralable
    Free Member

Hope you catch him!
    And a free bump!

singletrackmind

If you can get a timetable and get the CCTV from the previous stops. I reckon 0 – 20 mins before your train pulls in should do it.
    Chances are the scrote will be in full veiw without his hoody up and scarf round his face.

You willhave to demand this from BR /Network rail.

Maybe with a good picture the local plod will recognise him

Then they can go and smash his door off the hinges with one of those rams and get your bike back

Steve off of these parts ‘Melltus Maximus’ lives in Andover ,so will pm him and ask him to keep an eye out.
    Hope it was insured and you get it back, sounds like a nice build, apart from the basket .

Pictures of the bike would be good, better at jogging the old grey matter

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I spend weekends not a million miles from Andover, so will keep eyes peeled. Well worth letting the local bike shops know as well, as there really aren’t many of that sort of bike in the area!

phutureproof
    Free Member

Not you as well!? My nomad was stolen before Christmas from my garden!!!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I’m from Andover so will keep a close eye out. My little Nephew is also part of the bike seen so I’ll mention it to him too. I also know the two LBS owners so I’ll have a word with them. I’ll be out on a bike ride with one of them tomorrow so I’ll speak to him.

Do you have a recent photo of the bike you’d be able to email me so I can give it to the shops so they know exactly what they’re looking for.
    I could also drop a photo off at the local police station too.

This is a small town so a bike like that will really stand out. I’ll make sure I get a copy of the local paper so I can scan the classifieds.

Could you give me your mobile number too just in case I manage to see it then I can let you know immediately.

Good luck.

Edit; Email of this thread has been sent to both LBS’s.

allthepies
    Free Member

Contact the Transport Police, they were very helpful and interested when some scrote tried to nick my bike from a station. They can access all the station / train CCTV easily. Contact them asap.

monsta
    Free Member

>> Also has bright green grips
    May well be the best chance you have of identifying it!

thepublican
    Free Member

Hi All-really amazed by your kindness and efforts. Truly truly appreciated. Quick update:

I have contacted British Transport Police and they have the bikes description, the train I was on, and the carriage. The thief should definately be on cctv both in the train and on the platform.

I contacted Hampshire police last night and they forwarded the details to Andover police control (or something) and the town cctv control centre. Apparently a case officer will call me soon regarding the investigation, whatever that may amount too.

I am working in London this weekend but am able to get to Andover early monday morning, so will stop off at the police station and local bike shops with a full description.

Here is the full description, unfortunately I don’t have any photos as the bike was just a few weeks old:

Santa cruz nomad carbon size large white
    Fox 36 float rc2 kashima (white)
    Fox rp23 white
    Full xtr m970 group
    avid elixir cr’s
    Mavic crossmax st 2010 black
    maxxis swampthings 2.35 diy tubeless
    raceface atlas bar & stem
    Pro seatpost
    Selle italia slr saddle (white-sorry)
    And lumo green odi lock on grips..

Also attached at the time was a black wire front basket, exposure flash & flare lights, a bell volt helmet, and a dog lead. really.

Mulletus Maximus-it’s 07525 933300, and again thanks indeed for your help.

Thanks all.

Wookster

Hello mate in Southampton so will keep an eye out down here.

dobo
    Free Member

It also may be worth scanning ebay, gum tree etc for people selling the lights n stuff, you may just get lucky

I’ll keep an out round Hampshire too

tankslapper
    Free Member

Bump

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

I’m in Winchester, about 8 miles away. I’ll keep my eyes open.

Back in the day there was a riding/jump spot called The Plantations (GR372441) on the outskirts of Andover that’s popular with all kinds of locals.
    If it’s still there (it’s been a number of years since I last visited) then it’s the kind of place were your bike may turn up if someone felt like taking it for a spin.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Will you please make sure the scum gets what he deserves if you catch him, not the Police?
    It sucks, I hate those who don’t want to recognise legal ownership of goods. Good luck recovering it!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

More likely to find burnt out cars than nicked bikes at the Plannies. I would think one of the numerous lovely housing estates might be a better bet. The riding scene town is pretty small and everyone would know if a £5k bike suddenly appeared.
    Most likely to have been shipped out to another town or being ridden around a housing estate by a thieving scratter.

I don’t live there anymore, but will put up description on facebook for my mates that still do. Good luck.

Amos
    Free Member

I work with the brother of one of the local bike shops do will let him know, also have some mates who ride that area so will tell them to keep an eye out , good luck hope it gets returned to you soon

thepublican
    Free Member

And a final bump… if that’s not too cheeky. Sorry. Promise no more.

Thanks again all.

MrNutt
    Free Member

will keep an eye out around Swindon/Marlborough neck of the woods, my mates Patriot was swiped from a “secure” bike lock up and its vanished, its fxcking infuriating, best of luck, oh and a dog basket? on a carbon nomad? love it!

Cougar

Small unrelated point but, do you really want your phone number in plain view on a public forum?

Sorry to hear of your loss. Scumbags.

brassneck

Local to Andover too, I’ll keep them peeled.

Frr bump for you, and good luck finding it.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN IN ANDOVER TONIGHT: Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon’ is closed to new replies.