Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stolen – HL Turner 5 Spot, Tooting
  • Scumbags cut through the Thule roof carrier and carried away my old 5 Spot from Derinton Rd, Tooting sometime around 6.30-8.00 tonight. Quite distinctive – medium, matt black, missing the headtube badge, original Ritchey WCS chainset 2 x9 speed, very old WTB thermoplastic spds, Easton Monkeylites, Thompson stem, XO shifters, XT front and rear mechs, Clarks discs, Nukeproof Hubs on Mavic 717 rims, Racing Ralphs front and back and some old school Marzocchi SL 160 forks. Oh and a carbon Superstar seatpost. £50 reward. Boo hoo. Mac

nickhart
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, bump for the morning.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Shit I saw your Spot around lunchtime yesterday!! Were you driving through Putney towards Richmond? I saw the distinct HL anodised 5Spot on the roof of a people carrier – along with another bike.

Will keep an eye out. Check gum tree too .

Hi Chunky, yes, that was my bike. Thanks for keeping an eye out. I have to say, the police, whilst the are not actually saying they will look for the bike, have called 3 times so far to get details. Let’s hope the insurance co are as amenable. I checked Craigslist this morning – no 5 Spots but some very hot, as in nicked, looking bikes, like a Pivot Match 5.7 carbon for £1500.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Set some alerts up on eBay etc. set alerts for the parts too.

hora
    Free Member

You left your bike on the roof of your car for that long unattended?

I feel for your loss but I worry about my bike being visible inside my car.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

^^^^^ prob not helpful after the event

TBH Im surprised they even bothered to cut through the Thule
    They are hardly the last word in security

Anecdotally I once realised in a ferry queue Id locked my bikes in the carrier then left the key at home 🙁
    The bloke in the car behind with a Thule roofbox asked what I was doing and then noticed my key code was the same as his so unlocked it for me
    Scary

hora
    Free Member

You can pop the feet off each side with a screwdriver in seconds. **** the paint but thieves dont care.

One of those 20/20 perfect hindsight moments – I am normally very very careful about leaving any of my bikes anywhere; but this one time I just thought I’d take the risk as the road is well lit, quite busy and it was quite early. Guess I’ll not do that again; that awful realisation that it’s gone as I approached the car was just grim. Oh hum.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

ah shitter!

im not far away so ill keep a look out… get a photo up please!

Spot[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/brv7f0xe1fe34ji/5_Spot.jpg?m[/img]

Slightly different Spot set-up from when it was stolen – the DT Swiss forks are on a different bike now; the Marzocchi forks on the Spot when it was stolen were lovely all white 20mm bolt-through affairs and the frame had some cool old Ritchey WCS cranks in anodised blue. Brings a tear to the eye…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stolen – HL Turner 5 Spot, Tooting’ is closed to new replies.