Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • STOLEN: GT Zaskar Carbon 4X (Team Issue)
  • ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Stolen this morning from the hallway in my apartment block. I had just sold it, and was due to pack it up and send it away on Monday. Doesn't look like that will happen any more.

White GT Zaskar Carbon 4x frame with "TEAM ISSUE FULL CARBON MONOCOQUE" on both seatstays.
    Pace RC40 XCAM forks

TEAM GREEN Hope PRO III SP AM4 Wheelset (DT Swiss FR 5.1 Rims)
    TEAM GREEN Hope Tech X2 brakeset

Easton CNT DH Bars
    Easton EC70 Seatpost
    Charge Spoon Ti Saddle, White

MRP G2 Chainguide, White
    Truvativ Howitzer Cranks
    DMR V8 pedals, Silver

Kenda Small Block 8 Tyres

There won't be many more (if any) of these bikes around, because it was built specifically for Dave Wardell, and is his old team bike. If anyone sees it crop up for sale anywhere, or the little chavvy f**ker who pinched it rides past you, could you let me know (after rugby tackling him off the bike and giving him a good kicking first).

Pics below.
    Thanks

tomhughes46

Very unfortunate.

It might be handy if you say where you are based so local people can keep an eye out. Obviously it could go anywhere though…

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Oh yeah, sorry…. My head is all over the place at the moment. I'm thinking of ways to torture the scrote who took it…

I live in Worcester, WR1.

hainman
    Free Member

sore one mate,big kick in the baws for the wee tea-leaf.hope you get it back.

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Bump

ski
    Free Member

Pretty sure I have seen this bike/you on the London Road while commuting to work, pretty sure it was yours as there cannot be that many in the UK.

Sorry cannot remember exactly when ZC (maybe a week or so ago), but remember thinking at the time, thats someones pride and joy.

Worth dropping a pic off to the Evening News & all the lbs as well, chances are someone local is bombing about on it.

Good luck getting it back..

Hairychested
    Free Member

Bloody Hell, what a loss! If it were to be found over here in rural Ireland justice would be of the old-fashioned type – serious beating, then repeat till it gets boring.

clubber
    Free Member

Just a suggestion but can you come up with a sob story that the local rag might print? The opportunist nature of the theft suggests that it wasn't planned so there's a good chance it's still local so if you can get it well publicised…

Were you selling it to pay for your war hero grandad to have an operation, maybe. You know the sort of thing…

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

ski – Member

Pretty sure I have seen this bike/you on the London Road while commuting to work, pretty sure it was yours as there cannot be that many in the UK.

Could well have been – I'm not up that way very often with my bike but I do venture there occasionally and, like you say, they're aren't very many of them about. I just hope that whoever nicked it is dumb enough to take it to Cash Converters/Worcester Cycle Centre to try to flog it – I've emailed WCC today to let them know all about it so I'm sure they'll be keeping their eyes open.

clubber – Member

Just a suggestion but can you come up with a sob story that the local rag might print? The opportunist nature of the theft suggests that it wasn't planned so there's a good chance it's still local so if you can get it well publicised…

Were you selling it to pay for your war hero grandad to have an operation, maybe. You know the sort of thing…

Funny you should mention that – I actually know the digital editor of the Worcester News (well, I know him well enough to have a bit of banter with him on Twitter) – I'll be asking if he can post a few pics and a little bit of a report up on the website/possibly in the paper.

I'm not really sure whether it would have been planned or not – whoever nicked it would have had to have had access (either by knowing someone in my apartment block or by having a key) to the main hallway – and to even get to the main door they would have had to have come through a set of security gates, so they would need to know the passcode…. I'm thinking it was someone who has noticed it there before, and who's been planning on stealing it.

Fortunately (if it works), there are CCTV cameras overlooking the main security gates, so there should be a shot of the little scrote on there. My housemate's brother is a police officer too, so he's making sure that it's looked into properly. Whether I'll get my bike back remains to be seen, but it's nice to know that the police are actually bothering to look for it.

mmb
    Free Member

if it turns up in bournemouth/purbeck area i'll be sure to let you know, do you have the frame number etc to make sure it's the same one tho?.

Potter
    Free Member

just a thought but whoever you sold it to wasnt going to pick it up were they and you had given them your address?

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

mmb – Member

if it turns up in bournemouth/purbeck area i'll be sure to let you know, do you have the frame number etc to make sure it's the same one tho?.

It doesn't actually have a frame number. It isn't a production bike as it was Dave Wardell's Team Issue 4X bike. The place where the serial number should be (outside of rear non-drive side dropout) is blank, although the 'plate' for the serial number is there.

Should make it even easier to identify!

The paint has chipped away slighly on the underside of one of the seatstays (you can just about see it in the bottom picture) and the edge of the GT Logo on the downtube (second picture down) is scuffed at the edge of the "T"…

Oh, and if you see it, lift the back wheel and spin it. If the freewheel deafens you, it's definitely the right bike. I've never known a Hope hub to be so loud. Reminds me of the old ti-glides….But louder!

Aw… I'm missing it already 🙁

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Potter – Member

just a thought but whoever you sold it to wasnt going to pick it up were they and you had given them your address?

No, I was having it delivered to them, and they were due to pay me tomorrow via Paypal, so he doesn't have my address.

project
    Free Member

Perhaps all picture takers at local trails/mountain bike competitions, could go through their recent pictures as the bike is quite distinctive so it should be easy to see, and they might have a picture of the rider as well.

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Next stop is an email round all Cash Converters (and similar) stores. If the thief was a junkie, then chances are he'll sell it to them to get some easy drug money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN: GT Zaskar Carbon 4X (Team Issue)’ is closed to new replies.