Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stolen Chris King Cielo – York
  • birney29
    Free Member

Best mate just been in touch. He is visiting his brother in York before meeting up with me for the Three Peaks.

His Chris King Cielo was stolen from outside his brother house this evening. Bike is easy to spot.

Grey frame, size Large.

Pink Chris King hubs and bottom bracket. Some orange components as well. Enve wheels with pink Chris King hubs. XTR shitfers.

Fox forks.

Poor guy is gutted. His Pride and Joy taken by some wee fanny.

Any one spots it, please get in touch.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Terrible. Was it locked up?

scaredypants

Wow – outside ?

I’d have left an armed guard with a bike that flash

glupton1976
    Free Member

Insurance fraud? Because surely nobody could be that stupid…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’d have it chained to me 24/7.

Did the brother not let him bring it in?

birney29
    Free Member

Not sure of the full details – he would not have left it unlocked and even then would not have left it for long.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Victims of crime blamed from bringing it on themselves in UK shocker!

birney29
    Free Member

glupton1976 – don’t be an arsehole. I know it’s tricky for you but please try.

njee20
    Free Member

Maybe he doesn’t live in a shit hole Glupton, and doesn’t worry too much about leaving a bike outside for a few minutes.

yunki
    Free Member

I thought Mr Lupton’s comment seemed fair to be honest

glupton1976
    Free Member

I have no idea how much a bike like that would cost, but would assume it to be over £5k. I wouldn’t dream of leaving a bike like that locked up out of my sight. It’s not something I would keep in a shed or a garage either – that bike would be in the house.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Maybe he doesn’t live in a shit hole Glupton, and doesn’t worry too much about leaving a bike outside for a few minutes.

Maybe he should have and he might still have a bike.

Unfortunately the world we live in is full of thieving scumbags.

I’ve come to realise this and now don’t leave my bike anywhere out my sight.

To the op I hope the fella gets his bike back.

Klunk
    Free Member

Insurance fraud? Because surely nobody could be that stupid…

if it wasn’t locked up I doubt they’ll pay up.

Victims of crime blamed from bringing it on themselves in UK shocker!

I’m sure the insurance company will see it that way.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’m sure the insurance company will see it that way.

I havent heard any mention of insurance claims. It’s still terrible that folk in the UK think it’s excusable / ok to be the victim of crime.

birney29
    Free Member

Here is the point of the post – Guy has bike nicked. Guy’s mate asks fellow cyclists to keep an eye out for very distinctive bike or parts.

I was not really expecting a couple of guys who have obviously seen one more episode of Columbo than was good for them to determine all the facts of the case from a single post and accuse someone – publically – of insurance fraud.

If something like this happens to you, and it could, you would expect a better response.

MussEd
    Free Member

They are nice bikes, and whilst I’d never have pink or orange King bits anywhere near something as nice, I truly hope this is a rare happy ending. Let’s hope the thieving **** don’t know what they’ve taken, before they break it down to sell the bits… Fingers crossed someone spots it soon…good luck

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Well said Birney!

Andy

Jeez girls give stating all the obvious a rest eh? 😀 Birney29 please try and get a pic up if you can

yunki
    Free Member

I was not really expecting a couple of guys who have obviously seen one more episode of Columbo than was good for them to determine all the facts of the case from a single post and accuse someone – publically – of insurance fraud

why ever not!!?

This is STW not the ‘Virtuous Amiable Gentleman’s Interesting Networking Assembly’

Recycler
    Free Member

Sorry to hear of the theft.

I’m in York, do will keep a look out. Any pics available and where in York was it stolen?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Chris King Cielo – York’ is closed to new replies.