Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • STOLEN: Cannondale F600 – XL frame – Manchester – Complete bike minus rear wheel
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

Just thought I’d post this in the slight hope one of you lot might spot something on your internet trawls.

Stolen sometime between last Wednesday (13th) at 4pm and this morning (21st) at 4am (I’ve been away on holiday) from within my apartment block in Castlefield Manchester:

Cannondale F600 – Lime Green XL frame
    717 front wheel with Deore hub
    FireXCPro front tyre with blue side wall
    Easton bars with RaceFace Good/Evil Grips
    LX hydraulic brakes
    Charge Spoon seat black
    Ritchey seat post (slightly bent)
    XT mechs
    Truative Stylo cranks
    LX spd pedals

Rear wheel was left as they couldn’t detach the rack from the wall so they cut the lock keeping the frame to the rear wheel. I’m not a firm believer in Karma but I know you lot are and often scan the classifieds on the web.

Must be an inside job from the building as there’s two different security code doors to get to the bike. Figured it’d be ok as it’s an expensive apartment block with no scrotes living here….oh well.

Any info then email is in profile

Thanks
    Andy

dooosuk
    Free Member

An update and some praise for the police.

The Police arrested some lads for another offence when they were riding my bike and have managed to recover it and return it to me. They can’t prove they stole it but at least I have it back.

So a big pat on the back from me to the Greater Manchester Police.

donsimon
    Free Member

They can’t prove they stole it but at least I have it back.

Congratulations on getting the bike back. Surely they can get the scrotes for something, can’t they? If not stealing, at least receiving stolen goods. Or am I just being vindictive?

dooosuk
    Free Member

I’ve no idea but I’m not bothered. Presumably they’re getting done for the other offence at least.

I don’t know if they said they found it, bought it for a tenner is a pub. Still, seeing as I didn’t provide a serial number or anything I’m surprised it’s come back to me.

higgo
    Free Member

A lime green bike with blue tyres?
    They probably couldn’t get it back to you quick enough!

Glad you got it back anyway.

neil_enty
    Free Member

did you get a bonus back wheel back as well?

JonR
    Free Member

I had 3 bikes stolen from my shed on saturday night, all 3 chained together with a huge big chain. I phoned the police and despite there being a police station on my road they said it “wouldn’t be worth” them going out and looking for the scum who were having to carry 3 bikes in a very empty and green area of Manchester. I retreived the bikes myself but on this occasion but I was less than impressed with GMP.
    Glad you got yours back mind.

MrOvershoot

Nice one Andy, its probably Karma for you providing entertainment with your crash on a thread last week.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOfOMflLVU8[/video]

Harry_the_Spider

I retreived the bikes myself but on this occasion

Nice one! Took them off the thieving scroats or found them dumped?

dooosuk
    Free Member

I may have also got a bonus brand new back wheel and a front light as compensation but I wouldn’t like to say 8)

Thanks Nigel…had missed that thread last week as I was away with work. Glad to see I’m still providing the internet with entertainment! 😳

JonR – how’d you retrieve them yourself?

JonR
    Free Member

Sadly I got them back as said scrotes didn’t manage to carry the bikes that far rather than the more satisfying alternative, I’d like to think that I made enough angry manly noise that they filled their collective undergarments and ran but in truth carring them back was quite difficult.

snowslave

One stolen bike in the op, 4 retrieved. Wowser, results all round.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN: Cannondale F600 – XL frame – Manchester – Complete bike minus rear wheel’ is closed to new replies.