Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Stolen Cannondale?
  • shotsaway
    Free Member

This has all the signs of a stolen bike.

New ebay account, incorrect/limited information on the bike.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270705241356&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:GB:1123&afsrc=1

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Looks likely to be dodgy doesn’t it? Very annoying both how frequently you see these, and how blatent a lot of these ads seem to be.

Harry_the_Spider

Good of him to post his phone number.

wwaswas

you only really have to look at how the people who are holding it up are dressed…

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Where the fek do people learn to write and spell these days, I despair… Cant even be arsed to communicate clearly in his ad and replies.

It does have 27 gears though!!!!!

7hz
    Free Member

I spotted it three days ago http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/suspicious-sale-anyone-lost-a-cannondale-hardtail-lefty

The joys of having a non-segmented busy forum, eh 🙂

shotsaway
    Free Member

wwaswas
    you only really have to look at how the people who are holding it up are dressed…

LOL – I hadn’t noticed that.

Quote from the listing “the onnly problem with the bike is it has a slight buckle in the back wheel!”

In other words “In the process of stealing the bike, I damaged the rear wheel against a kerb at high speed.”

7hz
    Free Member

Or, more likely: “Whilst breaking the U lock with a car jack, I buckled the back wheel”.

Someone call them / ask a question on ebay / buy the bike / go round their house with 10 heavies / call the cops.

whytetrash

is it ok to ask him where he nicked it from in the questions section…looks well dodgy to me…pity people are considering buying it, they are as bad as the people who stole it 👿

dave360

Runcorn. Say no more.

hels
    Free Member

Didn’t Orange Monkey have some Cannondale team bikes stolen recently ??

GlitterGary
    Free Member

He’s a good photographer though.

wwaswas

“I’d like to buy this bike but want to be sure I won’t run into the real owner when riding it – can you give me an idea of which areas to avoid?”

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

haha waswas

disco_stu
    Free Member

i didn’t realise cannondale were still making caad5 frames in 2011!

shotsaway
    Free Member

By 2011, I think he means “Stolen in 2011”

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Gone in 2011 seconds?

Hairychested
    Free Member

So is anybody actually going to pop in and collect the bike? And, accidentally, break a knee? Surely not…

uwe-r
    Free Member

I spotted this to, well dodge!

dafunkphenomenon
    Free Member

Love how he’s got his chav mate holding the back wheel.
    quote: an its got 27 gears!

Is there a central database where stolen bikes are stored for people/police to check on?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve just sent him a message via ebay. It reads:
    Hello,
    Is the bike strong enough for riding in the mountains? You know, will it be ok to ride downhill or will it snap? And the fork, looks great!, is it strong or what? When you ride it, can you jump of little logs or curbs if in town?
    Thanks!

Awaiting some answers now 😉

Rosss
    Free Member

“this item needs to be picked up as i have no transport!!”

No wonder you’ve got no transport this was your transport on the way back from the “job”

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

2011 – NO
    Cable brakes – NO
    22″ – NO

makes you sick when this happens, little scrotes.

Time to break out the Boxxers!

admwlr
    Free Member

Just to let you all know, this bike is now in the possession of Cheshire Police who spotted that things didn’t add up with the advert and covertly arranged to view the bike. Can’t say we were massively helped by the “helpful” question on Ebay from someone questioning the bike’s legitimacy! All that does is spook the seller and they go to ground. I would suggest to anyone who spots something that looks to be stolen, rather than alert the “seller” to this fact, call the Police and speak to them. Most Forces have the capability to use covert tactics to deal with Ebay crimes.

We are having difficulty in finding the loser at the moment; you’d be amazed how many folk don’t record their frame numbers. This isn’t helped by the fact that Police Force property systems don’t speak to each other, so it’ll take a ring around several Forces to follow this up. What I would suggest is that if you’ve not already done so, register your bike on http://www.immobilise.com

This is free and if your bike is stolen, the frame numbers are searchable nationally by whichever Police area it turns up in. If we cannot reunite this bike with its owner, the “seller” gets it back!

Just to confirm it is a Cannondale F1000 SL (2003) with a Lefty DLR – spread the word and if you think it’s yours contact me on adam.waller@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice one. I agree about leaving stupid questions to the seller ebay.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Cannondale?’ is closed to new replies.