Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • *STOLEN* White Brompton – Epsom/Dorking area
  • LenHankie

Stolen this evening from Worcester Park station, Surrey. Not a chance in hell of seeing this again, but I’m posting this up on the off chance that anyone using the railways around the Dorking/Surrey Hills area or into London may spot it.

2012 Brompton SL2 2-Speed, Flat bars, Brown Brooks saddle, mudguards. White main frame, black rear triangle and forks. Like the one in this photo. This is my means of getting to work and I’m gutted. Thanks for any help.

rootes1

bad do that!

is/was it registered with Brompton? tagged, etched? keep an eye on gumtree etc

best bit of a brompton is you take it with you everywhere…

will keep an eye out – I used to have a white and black one – best colour scheme.

nickb

I’ve got an SL2 in that exact colour scheme! The pic isn’t at SL – it’s an M I think?

Hope you get it back – I’ll keep my eye’s peeled locally – SW London.

Nick

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, that pic is an M-type – a M3L to be precise.

Yes, I am a Brompton geek 😉

If you have the serial number, let Brompton know. If you don’t, maybe your dealer has a record of it.

LenHankie

Thanks for the replies and keeping a lookout. The photo is from a site that lets you view colour combinations as I don’t have have a photo of my actual bike… I’m aware it’s not an S2L.

I have the frame number ( Which I’ll let Brompton know, Bencooper – will that help?) and the frame and all main parts have the Alphadot microdot security tags. The most annoying thing is that it’s never out of my sight. It lives in the kitchen at home, under my desk at work and I always sit next to it on the train. I lost it due to my own stupidity in the most frustrating way. I’ll let you know the story so you can have a laugh….

I got off the train with my bike. Realising I had left my helmet on the luggage rack, I jumped back on to retrieve it ( without my bike!) and as soon as I got on, the doors closed and locked and the train pulled away. …I then had to watch in slow motion as I waved goodbye to my bike. What a total dick. Obviously by the time I got to the next station and back on the next train (20 mins), it was long gone. £900 bike lost for the sake of a £35 helmet!

Top tip: I’ve registered a search on Findthatbike, which trawls eBay, Gumtree etc. and emails you when matching bike descriptions are listed – a great idea. Also registered it with South West Trains, Surrey Police and British Transport police. Hoping the CCTV at the station will show something, but I’m aware my chances are slim. If you see any one riding it, you have my permission to poke a large stick through their front wheel ( as long as it’s not nickb….!)

dannybgoode

My sound daft and you may have done this already but have you asked the station staff if someone moved it somewhere safe for you?

Long shot I know but may just have happened.

Cheers

Danny B

bencooper
    Free Member

I have the frame number ( Which I’ll let Brompton know, Bencooper – will that help?)

Definitely – they can pass it around to dealers, so it’ll be spotted if it ever comes in for a service. At least that’s what used to happen when I was a Brompton dealer 😉

LenHankie

Now registered as stolen with Brompton too. Thanks all.

LenHankie

dannybgoode – Member
    My sound daft and you may have done this already but have you asked the station staff if someone moved it somewhere safe for you?

Long shot I know but may just have happened.

Cheers

Danny B

Not daft at all. Tried calling station straight away, but it was unmanned at the time. Reported loss to South West Trains.

rootes1

Definitely – they can pass it around to dealers, so it’ll be spotted if it ever comes in for a service. At least that’s what used to happen when I was a Brompton dealer

brompton are very helpful in this respect, they even put me in contact with another owner re an issue

LenHankie

*UPDATE*

Guess what?! Just had a call from a guy who has my bike! He tracked me down through the Cyclesurgery sticker and serial number on the bike and they gave him my details ( Data protection act? Never mind…).

He got off the next train, saw it on the platform being eyed up by to young ‘scallywags’, walked up to it, they walked off. No one else around so he took it into safe keeping and has spent the last two days tracking me down.

It’s what I would do, and what I hoped someone had done; but you always fear the worst don’t you? The post title now seems a little extreme in hindsight….

To say I’m chuffed is an understatement 😀

I’m meeting him tomorrow to get it back and will certainly be giving him a reward for being such a top bloke.

andyl
    Free Member

Excellent news!

PiknMix
    Free Member

That’s brilliant news, restores faith in humanity slightly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Out
    STANDING!

Good on the nice people at CycleSurgery as well! 🙂

Cheezpleez

Hurrah!

I have to ask – you’re not the Mr Hankie are you?

njee20
    Free Member

Happy days!

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

sweet.. don’t forget to bring that man some beer!!

drlex
    Free Member

Heart-warming news!

sweet.. don’t forget to bring that man some beer!!

If it were me, I’d be handing over a case of beer at least, if not a decent bottle of malt.

kcal

flippin heck. you lucky lucky man..

flap_jack
    Free Member

Someone sort of did that with a motorbike of mine once – he saw it where it shouldn’t have been and put an effing great lock around it and called the coppers. Top stuff.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Great news! I’ve had a couple of random parcels mailed to my door, which had been wrongly addressed with no senders details. Both were nice frames I managed to track down the senders who were delighted as were the iirate people who were awaiting their arrival.

Good karma goes a long way in life. 8)

rootes1

ace news! well done Surrey folk!

Pigface
    Free Member

That’s great news chuffed you are going to be reunited with the Brompton.

allthepies
    Free Member

Great story and outcome 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

That’s given me a right lift on Sunday evening, well done nice chap.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘*STOLEN* White Brompton – Epsom/Dorking area’ is closed to new replies.