Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • STOLEN BIKES WEST SWINDON
  • john9395
    Free Member

Hi

Had our garage broken into last night,and the B******* got away with 3 good quality full suspension bikes, pictures would be attached if I knew how, if anyone see’s any of them, if you could drop me a line so I can get the police involved, it would be appreciated.

Orange Alpine Five 29er in Silver – Bought direct from Orange 2 month ago, a 2014 ex-demo bike.

Canyon Nerve 8.0 in Red – Quite distinctive, as I believe most Canyons are black?

Giant Reign 1 in Bronze – Again, quite distinctive, as I have never seen another Bronze one, was never keen on the colour, it was just the right price at the time.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

John

bigh
    Free Member

Seriously bad luck mate 🙁 . Happened to me two weeks ago, bloody awful.

grobin13
    Free Member

Unlucky mate. Had my garage broken into last week and they stole my beloved Santa Cruz Bronson, my Zesty and my mates Nukeproof Mega. Did you have insurance? If so how you getting on claiming. Protect my Bubble are dragging their heals…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    qwerty
    Free Member

Shit luck. Never give up. I got a bike back 3 years after it was nicked.

Forum Help

Posting an Image

The image must be hosted on the internet somewhere.

If it is on your computer you must first upload it to a photo hosting site. Try a search for image hosting to get you started.

Once you have chosen the image you want to show on the forum you need to find its URL (universal resource locator – its location on the internet).

imagelocationDo this by right clicking on the image and choosing “copy image location” (or similar wording depending on your web browser). Note that this must be the location of the image itself, not the URL of the page it is on.

Then go to the forum and type :

Where ‘http://www.singletrackworld.com/common/logo.png’ is the URL you just retrieved.

If you are linking to an image that you do not own copyright on then you must link back to the originating website by adding the

[url=http://www.singletrackworld.com/][img]http://www.singletrackworld.com/common/logo.png[/img]" class="bbcode-link"> tag around the

Flickr

Flickr follows the same rules as above but they have added a button to retrieve the BBcode.

Find the photo you want on flickr
    Above the photo there are two boxes “actions” and “share this”
    Drop the menu in “share this”
    See “grab the HTML/BBCode” and click.
    See two buttons below the script, “HTML” “BBCode”
    Check “BBCode”
    Paste this code into the Singletrack forum post box

john9395
    Free Member

Hi

Insurance looks to be OK, my garage has an integral door from the house, so the police and insurance company deem the garage as part of a dwelling, and not an out building. Lucky, I didn’t realise the door made a difference!

That said, assessor has been round, said everything looked OK, just waiting for an offer to be made next week so we shall see.

Have bought bars for the garage window and rear pedestrian door, plus an alarm system dedicated to the garage plus a camera system to cover the perimeter of the whole house, so hopefully if / when the bikes are replaced, the b****** can’t get them a second time!

Thanks for the picture upload info, pics on my pc, so will need help from one of my kids to get them on the net!

hora
    Free Member

They will be back in a couple of months though. Have a search on here for a topic on garage security for tips/locks.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Fit this

http://www.ultrasecuredirect.com/acatalog/Wireless_Alarm_Battery_Magnetic_Door_Alarm_Wireless_Siren_007-0330.html

Place siren in bedroom. Place large bat in bedroom. Place large blinding chinese Cree flashlight in bedroom. Preparation for when the alarm goes off 😀

john9395
    Free Member

Spent the weekend putting internal bars on the window, bars / secondary door to the rear pedestrian door where the b******* got in, plus a dedicated garage alarm system than can be armed all the time we are in the house.

Camera system getting installed next weekend!

Hoping to hear positive things from the insurance company this week, so don’t want to take any chances if they come back a second time after the bikes have been replaced!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN BIKES WEST SWINDON’ is closed to new replies.