Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stolen Bikes – Useful tool?
  • rucknar
    Free Member

Hello,

In another thread I saw a site ‘http://bikeshd.co.uk/’ that aggregates results from gumtree/ebay etc and displays the pictures in an easy to read form.

Having had bikes stolen recently I’m tired of manually checking these sites and this website is perfect, however it’s London only and the site owner hasn’t responded to my email.

So… Would people on the forum be interested in/use a site like this if I build one?

What features would you want?
    To start with I’m thinking of it just asking for your postcode and finding items within 25 miles of you, displaying them similar to the site above.

Thoughts?

Ed

bruneep

My Bike was recovered by the police over 350 miles away.

rucknar
    Free Member

Yea this is something that is harder to work with, i could easily aggregate results for the UK however, there would be many to look for.

Maybe it could aggregate local results but also have a wider search that allowed for more specific info to be put in.. Perhaps offer the ability to save a search or something…

DezB
    Free Member

That’s brilliant. Not only for stolen bikes, but for buying legit as well. I’m always having people ask me to find them a cheap bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bikes – Useful tool?’ is closed to new replies.