Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stolen Bikes: Sale, Manchester
  • spacey

My riding buddy has had his shed cleared out, 3 bikes gone, obviously he’s gutted. For what its worth I’ll list them below, if anyone spots anything like these for sale anywhere please let me know. They were well secured inside the shed,looks like they used an angle grinder to cut the chain away which secured them to concrete.

Whyte 19, 2006ish, with Maverick USD forks, he’s most gutted about this one as it’s an old friend.

Boardman FS 2016 the bright blue one, he changed the chain ring to a blue one which makes it potentially distinctive.

Canondale Caad 10 2014ish, I’m not sure on the details of this one.

Thanks for reading folks.

scaled
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out, i’m on the edge of Wythenshawe so occasionally see some strange bikes being ridden. Normally just very strange BSOs though

Bregante

Eyes peeled around Trafford too

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Will be looking out for them too….

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Eyes peeled as a train driver in the area I see a lot of scroats getting on my trains with nice bikes they’ve acquired.

lookmumnohands

Me too- I’m in Brooklands so will keep an eye out

mattyfez

It’s a problem and it’s the main reason I’d never buy a second hand bike unless I knew them through a friend of a friend or socially some how.

I wouldn’t want a hot bike no matter how attractive.

Maybe if everyone adopted that attitude then black market bikes would become unsaleable. Or at least make them too much effort to sell to outweigh the risk of a chav breaking into a a garage if they new they’d get a poor price.

portlyone

I’m in Chorlton, more likely to see my own bikes stolen but I’ll keep an eye out for yours!

Naranjada
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out around Stretford / Chorlton

jimdubleyou

I initially didn’t see the colon in the title and thought WTF?!?

Hope your mate gets his bikes back.

gkeeffe

Chorlton too. I’ll watch out.

spacey

Thanks everyone, always great to see people come together on something like this.

I thought that with the title too, but thought it might attract a bit more attention!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bikes: Sale, Manchester’ is closed to new replies.