• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Stolen bikes CAN be returned to rightful owner (Humu reunion content)
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Driving on outskirts of town today and i spotted my stolen 2yr 10months ago custom Humu (frame from Coastkid) being ridden along the road. I grabbed my phone, got dropped off by family who drove away. As my bike approached a pedestrian crossing i pressed for a red light, my bike stopped and i told the guy riding it that it was my bike, he could give it back now, or i’ll call the police and we can let them sort it out (i started dialling 999), he said “i brought it off a mate” as i bored him with the custom build spec. As he saw me calling 999 he decided to give the bike back to me, its rightful owner. I rode off. He walked.

Nedds some TLC & a few bits replaced.

Feeling pretty chuffed!!!!!!!!!!!!

😀 :mrgreen: 😀

PS: even theives don’t like Mary bars!!!!!!

fieldy
    Free Member

Good result

fieldy
    Free Member

Hope I get my two back that easily, but quicker!

slugwash
    Free Member

Well.done.Martin! I was wondering what you were up to this half-term as I cycled through Stokenham in the pouring rain an hour ago. I now know you’re not in Devon.

qwerty
    Free Member

Don’t ever give up. I put reward posters up around town with pics and spec when stolen, flyered all the local bike shops. Always kept my eyes peeled. Alerts on ebay. Inform police. Maintain hope.

qwerty
    Free Member

Slugwash – we left Stokenham at 11am today to head back. Stopped off at Decoy Park bow, NA, for a roll around on BMX until a 10 year old showed us how it’s really done!!!!

Just got one of your Lakes pics of me descending Nan Bield blown up 16″x 12″ = looks good, just needs framing.

granny_ring

Good result OP, a happy ending.

qwerty
    Free Member

…bump…

Cos i still feel…

brakes
    Free Member

great news, were you not tempted to punch him in the face?

somouk
    Free Member

I always keep my eye out for my stolen Stumpy in the hope it will re-appear. They’ve even locked up the person who nicked it but the trail goes dead there.

peteimpreza

Qwerty, do you know who he is? Have a picture? It would be useful to know his ID for future reference.

qwerty
    Free Member

Pete – no, I thought of it after. Tbh it all happened so quick, one min were all driving home from a few days at the MiL in Devon, next I’ve reclaimed my bike & am riding home.

Brakes – No. I don’t know what his story is, I just wanted my bike back, no need for violence.

D0NK

great news, were you not tempted to punch him in the face?

if you bought something off the classifieds here and then some stranger punched you in the face for it I’m guessing you’d be a bit peeved.

Well done OP!

peteimpreza

No worries Qwerty, being local I was interested in who the local scrotes might be.

kimbers

stumpy01

Nice one! 😀

brakes
    Free Member

Brakes – No. I don’t know what his story is, I just wanted my bike back, no need for violence.

if you bought something off the classifieds here and then some stranger punched you in the face for it I’m guessing you’d be a bit peeved.

Mega City municipal code 7152: Receiving stolen goods.
    You have been judged.
    WHAMMO!

D0NK

Mega City municipal code 7152: Receiving stolen goods.
    You have been judged.
    WHAMMO!

🙂
    there’s a bit of a difference between knowingly and unknowingly doing it tho. Admittedly handing over the bike rather than discuss it with the police does suggest the former.

gazc
    Free Member

this happened to my little brother with his nicked bmx when he was about 16/17. unfortunately for the unlucky scrote (a local well know pilferer) words weren’t even offered to negotiate its return…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Stolen bikes CAN be returned to rightful owner (Humu reunion content)’ is closed to new replies.