Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Stolen bikes – Blaneau Ffestiniog, Intense Socom, Giant Glory, Bottlerocket
  • iain1775
    Free Member

Stolen Thursday evening
    Details here – http://www.north-wales.police.uk/news__appeals/all_appeals/bikes_stolen-1.aspx

Not mine btw but appreciate people keeping an eye out / sharing details on social media etc

Bike 1 – Is described as having a Transition Bottle Rocket Frame, with rare red stickers, Hope Head Set, Hope M4 Brake-Front & Back. Rockstar rotors. DHXS 700lb Spring Ti. Rock Star Pedals. Fulber Wheels. SDG Seat and Race Face Cranks.

Bike 2- Is described as having an Intense Socom Frame(Red) DHX RC4 Shock, Burgtech Offset Bushings, SDG seat & seat post, Hope tech M4 brakes with braided hoses floating rotors, Fox Float 180mm travel forks, easton havoc bars and stem nuke proof wheels-yellow, Intense tyres, Saint cranks, E13 chain device and Intense Grips.

Bike 3 – Is described as Giant Glory DH 2008, Marzocchi 888 RC2 Forks, Fox DHX5 Shock with Titanium Spring, Shimano Saint Cranks, SRAM XO Shifter and Mech, Race Face Atlas Bars, Hope V2 Moto Brakes, Maxiss Minion DH Tyres, Mavic D-TRAX Front Wheel and a Movic Rear Wheel.

Officers in Blaenau Ffestiniog are appealing to anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the vicinity of the car park between the relevant times or who may have information regarding the theft to contact PC 2395 Whiteley on 101.

Police are also interested in speaking to anyone who may know the whereabouts of the bikes or who may have been offered similar bikes for sale to contact 101. Alternatively, individuals can contact Crimestoppers anonymously with information on 0800 555 111.

iain1775
    Free Member

(Mods – any chance of a sticky for a week or so?)

imnotverygood

Er.. Stolen from the roof of a car overnight? 😯

zangolin
    Free Member

Thieves are believed to have struck sometime between 9.30pm on Thursday, February 28, and 7.30am on Friday, March 1.

Three mountain bikes, which were left secured and are worth a considerable amount of money, were taken from the roof of a vehicle that was parked at the back of the Gwesty Gorsaf.

Sorry to hear of the theft and hope they get them back – but as said above leaving them out overnight locked on the roof of a car? 😯

damors
    Free Member

Here we go

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes we know, they know now too, they have definitely learned that lesson the hard way

It’s not productive to trying to get them back though is it?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Car roof. Overnight. Ffestiniog (one of the shittest little places I’ve had bad fortune to visit).

Surprised?

nonk
    Free Member

Love the way folks call all the little towns in north Wales shit , long may you stay away and leave the trails to those who love the place.
    Living here is ace never had any problems with antisocial behaviour

iain1775
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder – Member
    Car roof. Overnight. Ffestiniog (one of the shittest little places I’ve had bad fortune to visit).
    Surprised?

Personally not at all, unfortunately
    Hence why mine spent the next night safely nestled in the bath in my hotel room 😉
    I’d be even more surprised if they where ever seen again but perhaps if the collective MTb community could keep an eye out and share the details instead of criticising and stating the obvious there is a small chance of recovering something from the situation

damors
    Free Member

Nonk. Where abouts do you live mate?

neilc1881
    Free Member

I used to climb up there regularly from Aberystwyth, a mate had his car broken into and a pair of old Nike trainers stolen. He wasn’t allowed to bring them in the house, they were gopping!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Maybe people forget what they have on there roofs as in houses not bikes.I use to like it up there when it rained on all that slate had a shine about it.Not to mention the little buffer train.I think your safer in North Wales than middle England.

carlosg
    Free Member

After some of the tales I’ve heard about the quaint village of Blaneau Ffestiniog and it’s ‘friendly’ locals I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a local job. The bikes will be broken up and shifted on for a fraction of their true value.
    It’s a crap but harsh learning experience for the bikes owners , personally my bike comes with me wherever I stop I wouldn’t even leave it locked inside the car!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Take a look at a map of Snowdonia National Park, especially the BF area.
    Hopefully MTB can bring some money into the area and improve it in a similar way to the Afan valley.

damors
    Free Member

The police really are concerned about bad press on this incident as Blaenau is going through a regeneration project. There’s a new xc loop being built at the mo plus the uplift days which are excellent value for money. It’s a shame this has put a black mark on it somewhat as the terrain around those parts is perfect for mtb.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Love the way folks call all the little towns in north Wales shit

No, just Ffestiniog. Only place I’ve ever been where I’ve had to stop the car as theres been drunk blokes fighting in the middle of the main street at 10am.

nonk
    Free Member

Well yeah they do that but they usually stop to let you through

JohnnyPanic

^ Obviously never been to Neath then.

Please ignore the Blaneau bashing and the criticism for leaving the bikes on the car roof and instead focus on keeping an eye out for the bikes.

Have a look at the pics, read the descriptions and you just never know, maybe they’ll turn up.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Stolen bikes – Blaneau Ffestiniog, Intense Socom, Giant Glory, Bottlerocket’ is closed to new replies.