Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stolen Bikes
  • Carbone
    Free Member

About 2 1/2 years ago we had our garage emptied of 4 bikes and thankfully M&S paid out no problems . Since then I’ve always kept my eye out for any of my stuff cropping up for sale , so on Evilbay I’ve got saved searches , this am I get a mail about a yeti 575 so I look and the frame “could ” be mine so I check out the seller and turns out I’ve already saved him as a possible seller of some other parts of mine , I’ve told the police and await the usual speedy response , question is do I post his ebay details on here to see if anyone knows of them or is that bad form .
    For instance todays bike is a yeti 575 in team colours BUT with alloy rear swingarm (yeh I crashed it) so not that common + its pretty close to me .
    So what are peoples thoughts ? I’m not after my bikes back – just would be nice if some scumbag got caught for a change – or would naming someone (possibly innocent) be not wise .

wwaswas

I’d not put anythign on here in case seller visits this site. tbh I’d remove any detail on location before the edit window expires, too.

contact police and see how you get on.

billysugger
    Free Member

or would naming someone (possibly innocent) be not wise

Crack on. T’is the done thing now.

andrewh
    Free Member

Regardless of whether you get stuff back or not (and I think it belongs to your insurers now anyway) he needs to be caught and dealt with. If no response from the police by, say, one day before the end of the auction go round and ask to see a senior officer to complain. Bid £1m for the item to be sure you get and then turn up to collect with a policeman in tow (you need to be pretty sure it is yours!) how difficult can this be?
    Also, the insurers may be nice and let you keep it.

uwe-r
    Free Member

The burden of proof on here is pretty low. In fact based on the above he is guilty and should be beaten to death by marzocchi!

That said the advise I would take is win the auction, inform the police and keep posting up on here. If you remain convinced and police are not helpful then post up the seller details.

Carbone
    Free Member

Just an update but found he uses the same name on Pinkbike – low and behold he sold the wifes bike in May albeit with a fork n bar change but , colour coded brake hoses/bore caps and dangerboy levers etc – Scott genius carbon .

wwaswas

contact the police.

woody2000

Rich – I’d keep quiet mate otherwise the lowlifes will just disappear. Call the Police and take it from there.

Conan257
    Free Member

See if he’s up for a visit, not many people would buy without seeing first so you might be able to confirm it’s the one you lost without spooking him…

Carbone
    Free Member

Have done .

wwaswas

and stop posting about it on here.

chances are if they’re on pink bike they’ll at least look on here.

you’ve given enough info above for anyone to work out who you’re talking about.

binners

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bikes’ is closed to new replies.