Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • "Stolen Bike Recovery Service" – interesting idea?
  • cberry
    Free Member

Maybe some unfortunate person can try out recoveryservice1’s service and report back? …Well, that unlucky person will be me.

Lawrence (recoveryservice1) – I’ve had a Giant FCR 2 stolen from me recently in Sutton. I can’t find your advert on Gumtree. Can you please send me your contact details and I can send you the full profile of the bike?

z1ppy

As per the original Gumtree Ad:

Laurence on 0208 285 1625

If you have had your bike stolen in the last 24 hours then please get in touch, recovery rate of 65% and very resonable prices email for further detials or if its an emergency your bike has just been stolen call 0208 285 1625

Again listed on this page:
    http://ukstolenbikes.com/?p=550

recoveryservice1
    Free Member

Sorry been so busy i havent had a chance to answer any questions

Powers we have are the same as any member of the public

How it works?

The system has spent a year in devlopment using ideas from 3 main sources, The Met Police, Catford Couriours and Chatting to Bike theives at Brick Lane (2 of the 3 are now in Prision the thirds on a suspeded sentance)

In South East London a bike is called through to us as stolen, We then send two of our riders to meet with the cyclist and take details, ie crime number or help them report it to the met, the bikes details and so on. This is then communicated with the rest of the team. Stright away an online search begins and all 6 riders the start searching every road shed allyway, estate everything in a 6 mile radius with the support of a 2.0Ltr Vauxhall Vectra estate car. Most bikes that are stolen are either dumped and sold very quickly or there stored somewhere for a couple of weeks and then sold on.

In the Majority of cases we find the bikes within 2 hours of them being reported to us usually locaked up and altered in someway ie a wheel removed pannier rack removed. We then checkthe frame number against the one weve got or if dont have the frame number we send the car to collect the victem and come and ID the bike. If they make a positive ID we attach 3 D-Locks to the bike and flatten the tyres and call the Police. The Police then normally seize the bike for around 48 hours and then it can be returned to its rightfull owners.

How are we Drifferent?

Theres 6 of us who are dedicated to getting rid of bike crime and stopping the supply of stolen bikes. Basically deny criminals the use of the bikes. Were drifferent because regually visit common stolen bike haunts Brick Lane Portabello road, Lewisham Stn, Downham Playing field ect. When a member of the public looks for there bike its normally just them and maybe a friend were an experienced team.

People believe that maybe this is a scam.

This is what i say to those people.

Think what u like, if your bike gets stolen then report it to the police but bike crime is given low priorty CCTV of the area is looked at and a report is sent to the cycle task force thats it. Maybe an odd bike turns up abondand but that sits in the yard for 3 months and if no one claimes it after 3 months its sold, mostly for scrap.

Tell the that to the 68 bikes that weve recovered and returned to the right owners (as of 16.30 on 11/11/2010)

Tell that to ETA who have awarded us a contract to find stolenbikes in Central London.

Im sorry to hear about the stolen bike in sutton, please email anprtraffic@hotmail.co.uk and will treat it as a pirority case

allthegearnoidea
    Free Member

Wow, that’s quite a service, I’m surprised you never got an apology from the mighty Elf 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Holy thread res….etc etc

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘"Stolen Bike Recovery Service" – interesting idea?’ is closed to new replies.