Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Stolen bike on ebay
  • NikNak7890
    Free Member

2bit?

What's the latest?

whyterthanwhite
    Free Member

The thing is with many a police officer is that they ask you after you have had your biked nicked;
    ''have you got insurance''?
    ''yes I do''
    ''well then, you can get a replacement then can't you''

Well atleast, that's the type of dealings I have had with police over stolen bikes in the past.

@Matthew, – don't you mean the lightside, as in, see the light 😆

I'm certainly not ignoring this, and tbh, I don't think anyone else is either but we've only got 2bit's update info to go on here really so 2bit, what's up now?

whyter.

MajorMantra
    Free Member

whyterthanwhite,

I wasn't blaming anyone, just saying that in general, when you see an ad that screams "stolen", it's worth taking a few seconds to see if you can trace it because it may turn out to be easier than you think.

Light side, dark side… Who knows? I am looking forward to mincing around in mud-spattered skin-tight lycra though. 😉 (When funds permit!)

Matthew

whyterthanwhite
    Free Member

Yeah, I wasn't really implying that by my post but just clarifying for you what the general consensus is by the people who have posted.

lycra, dirt, perhaps a beard, ermmm, this is catching on 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

deft – Member
    Just stick £10k in to make sure you win it!

I agree with deft, at least it will buy you more time, and you won't have to pay the £10k unless someone bids £9,999.99

numbnuts
    Free Member

Did you win it

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Personally I would win it, arrange a collection get there and got for a LONG test ride….. job done!

2bit

Hi all

Latest news (I've been with no i'web access since my last post but now back in filthy sunny London) –

I got a mate to win it succesfully for just under £500 (bit annoyed that anyone else was bidding on it as it was blatantly stolen)

After lots of phone calls to mate & the local burgularly team, we're still in the process of getting the bike.

The seller is being v v slow responding to emails but we're now on mobiles & hoping to meet up with him tomorow/tuesday.

Full details as to what/where/when/how when I've actually got it back in my hands…….

In the meantime, many many thanks for all the support, advice & offers of muscle. All v much appreciated. If I'd been at home I'd have definitely taken you up on the offer of a 'collection party' but being away has just added to the frustration of it all.

cheers_drive

There has been several 'stolen bike on ebay' thread over lately and I thought I should share the the experience of a guy from our club – he's a roadie so doesn't come on here.
    Last Thursday he saw his old Bob Jackson bike on ebay which was stolen 18 months ago, I sent hime a link to this thread so he could see other peoples experiance. Anyway he contacted Detective Mark Newbury of the Bristol Burglary Team, Southmead Police Station, Bristol. His email is mark.newbury@avonandsomerset.police.uk
    Initialy the advice was the same as to you – win the auction and the police would come with him to collect. The club mate then did some more investidation on Ebay and got the guys name and the police then wanted him to come in a make a statement. He gave a very detailed and geeky spec of the bike and a few hours later they got a warrant and confiscated the bike and dropped it back to it's rightful owner. This all happened in 1 day! The 'receiver' said he found it at the rubbish tip.

EBAY refused to help during all of this saying it was a police matter. I know that many 'proper bikers have stopped using ebay due to their charges and policies so it is even more likely now that the bikes are on there are stolen. I personaly wouldn't buy a bike from anyone off anywhere without proof of ownership; the worst thing we can to is fund this!

I hope that all makes sense but I thought I should share some good ebay stolen bike news and I hope you get your bike back too.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Stolen bike on ebay’ is closed to new replies.