Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Stolen Bike in Leeds
  • charlottevics
    Free Member

I don’t have a clue what good this will even do but I’m resorting to desperate measures now. My mother’s £3000 Orange bike was stolen last week in Allerton Bywater, Leeds. There’s no chance of getting it back by now but I’m determined to find the lowlife that stole it. I have CCTV footage of the theft, but it’s not very good. If you live in or around the area please watch this clip, if you think you know of ANYBODY AT ALL that it could possibly be, anyone whose known for stealing bikes, or if you’ve seen anybody ON A BIKE LIKE THIS then please let me know about it.

This is the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flyeV_Iyfgk

I doubt this is even going to help but I just desperately need to find out who it is. I can’t even watch the footage because it makes me so furious that people do this all the time every single day and get away with it.

bren2709

I feel your mothers pain.

Did you get any info off the Mini driver?
    Reg plate off the van would be good start.

Hope you get some sort of result, then kick the shit out of the skrote.

duntstick
    Free Member

Good luck

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well you never know, you have the van and a MO, but it could just be opportunism. Can’t believe that to watch it thought. Well I can, but I’m still amazed. Did it get bundled into the van or ridden off somewhere?

I also feel your anger… fingers crossed for ye.

darkcove

I’m in Castleford so I will keep an eye out. Tried trawling round the usual estates?

Hope you get some justice and the bike back.

charlottevics
    Free Member

Thanks darkcove, I appreciate that.

We have a suspect, and we got the vans plate number but we’re pretty sure it was a fake one. The other day we spotted the same type of van with almost the exact same number plate, just had one different letter. And the guy who was driving it is actually friends with the guy we suspect took it. We contacted the police about the new van but of course they never even got back in touch with us because they don’t give a shit. If the bike wasn’t so much money we probably would’ve just let this go, but no. Some sick, selfish loser’s probably gone and sold it for drug money or something and we can’t afford to get my mother another one.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Keep on at the police. May not have sold it yet.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Send a link to the video to the local press.

ads678

I’m in Woodlesford so i’ll keep my eye out. Not that anyone will actually using round here. have a good look around swillington and locally round Allerton Bywater, there’s plenty of scortes round there.

Can i just say that i ride a black orange five so if anybody see’s me and thinks “there’s that ****** with that stolen five”, mine has a straight top tube and Pikes. Please check before getting the bombers out!! 🙂

Edit: come to think of it now, i saw someone riding a black five with fox forks about 2 weeks ago riding away from the chinese in Woodlesford. when did the bike actually get stolen?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Send a link to the video and this thread to the local press.

Keeping an eye out in Roundhay (and the commute to work through Harehills!), BTW.

ton

eye’s peeled in rothwell.
    and up and down the canal.

charlottevics
    Free Member

Thanks everyone so much 🙂 🙂

charlottevics
    Free Member

Does anybody really think there’s any point in sending this video to the press? The footage is not even that good…

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

You’ve probably noticed this but the van concerned drives past at 2:57. They obviously spotted the bike outside the shop, turned round and pulled up outside in order to make an opportunistic snatch ‘n’ grab.

North Leeds here so I’ll keep an eye out although worth checking to see if the Police can zoom in and grab the plates from the van and mini (although the latter is not related to the crime but just a witness).

ton

send it to the police for sure…..and the press, what’s to lose?

ads678

if you want the bike back it’s probably better than posting it on here.

charlottevics
    Free Member

The police looked at the footage and said it’d be pointless to try zooming because it isn’t “clear enough”. What we don’t get about the mini is why they didn’t bother to try and block the guy from getting back to his van. They were in just the right spot to stop him and they did nothing…

charlottevics
    Free Member

Just wanted to update. The bike’s been seen twice in Great Preston being ridden by a 14-16 year old boy. If you live in the area please keep an eye out.

Mugboo

A mate had all four of his bikes stolen from the Leeds area this weekend. Double check your security folks 🙁

CHB

Live in Woodlesford, will keep an eye out..

robhenry85
    Free Member

another in Rothwell here, will keep an eye out.

jimbo9
    Free Member

Another in Woody, so will keep a look out

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bike in Leeds’ is closed to new replies.