Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Stolen bike – I hope nobody has bought this…
  • joslyn
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=251145105601#ht_1072wt_1165

This was my bike stolen from my house in May this year, police informed…

martinhutch

The ad says the auction was pulled rather than the bike sold, so the perp might still have it. I’d get the thread pulled by the mods if you can to increase the chances of nabbing the little bastard.

timnwild

good luck

chakaping
    Free Member

He probably got a decent offer to sell off ebay and still has bike awaiting sale.

Hope the police are willing to pay him a visit immediately.

Aidy
    Free Member

Odd, that advert doesn’t scream stolen like many that you see do…

dantsw13

Except that it is DEFINATELY not a 2009 or newer model Yeti 575!!

unklehomered
    Free Member

I wonder if ebay pulled it as “Would prefer cash on collection but will accept paypal. Quick sale would be ideal so message me.” implies intention to break the ebay rules etc…

How seriously did the fuzz sounds to be taking it?

LenHankie

..Although he doesn’t seem to know what year it is or how much he’s used it…unless he’s ‘selling for a friend’…

joslyn
    Free Member

Yep, quite a few errors in that advert, brakes are circa 2006, Fork is 2011, headset is circa 2009, groupset is 2008/9, frame is 2007 and it is not a carbon rear end….then again I should know as it is my bike 😉

As you say though, advert looks good on the face of it but you don’t need to scratch the surface too deeply…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Whoever selling it was either intelligent enough to do a little research or actually knows about bikes.
    That ad didn’t scream “stolen bike” to me at all.

camo16
    Free Member

Agree – the ad looked pretty legit, which is fairly frightening.

yunki
    Free Member

I find it interesting though, that people automatically assume thieves to be of low intelligence..
    I’ve known a fair few wrong ‘uns over the years and by and large they have been very capable folk, that happen to have chosen a path outside of the law..

Obviously there will be some prison guards and coppers along shortly to disagree, but those fellas only ever get to meet the stupid crims..

It doesn’t take much for a bike thief to do a spot of research, or perhaps to even be a bike enthusiast themselves..

Lets face it, we slog our guts out for 40+ hours per week, sober and stressed to the eyeballs, for a narky boss, underpaid and overworked, and then give most of our wage away in tax, bills, mortgages etc..

Where as the crim works for himself, sets his own hours and salary, spends most of the day in the pub and pays naff all to anyone..

Who’re the folk of limited intelligence in this equation..?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yunki, you make a convincing arguement, I’m off to pinch some bikes!

alexathome
    Free Member

Lets face it, we slog our guts out for 40+ hours per week, sober and stressed to the eyeballs, for a narky boss, underpaid and overworked, and then give most of our wage away in tax, bills, mortgages etc..

Where as the crim works for himself, sets his own hours and salary, spends most of the day in the pub and pays naff all to anyone..

Yunki have you at anytime thought about becoming a career advisor in a school, I think you’d be great.

almightydutch
    Free Member

He’s well versed I’d say, check out his feedback and he has a lot of courier for bike transport

trambler

Maybe not the actual thief/burglar but possibly a handler who can’t turn down a bargain? Hope you get it back and some satisfaction…, not sure the police will act quick enough though.

bland

He seems to have sold at least 4 bikes in the past 6 months as he uses ebay to buy his courier service from and that leaves a trace, unlike his bike sales which he clearly invites offers on and ends them early so that they dont show on his feedback history.

You could politely contact someone who looks legit who he has bought something from and see if you can get his address from them and then send the boys round.

Added him to my dodgy sellers list

yunki
    Free Member

Yunki have you at anytime thought about becoming a career advisor in a school, I think you’d be great.

if the Tories are still in power when my kids reach school leaving age it’s what I’ll be advising them..

mboy
    Free Member

As you say though, advert looks good on the face of it but you don’t need to scratch the surface too deeply…

Indeed, wouldn’t have immediately struck me to be honest! Just comes across as someone who’s slightly less clued up about his bike than some of us that are bit more into the technical side of things too, but no alarm bells on first glance…

Maybe not the actual thief/burglar but possibly a handler who can’t turn down a bargain?

Possibility that might be the case. Looking through his history too… Either way he’s not your average crim.

Certainly hope the OP gets his bike back too, and that justice prevails!

joslyn
    Free Member

To be honest, It’s owned by the insurance company now as they have paid out, however the same person who stole the bike also stole a substantial amount of jewellery from a neighbour so I would like to think the police can trace it back to the original tea leaf.

Bike is now 250 miles from where it was stolen from (assuming ebay location is correct), so who knows how connected this person is to the original crime…however advert is certainly not honest.

suntiger1965
    Free Member

What was the frame number of the bike you had stolen?

d45yth
    Free Member

It may be that the seller bought it in good faith. If not and they had any brains, would they really try selling it whole?
    To those of you who think the ad is legit…you think that someone who thinks that there’s carbon inside the frame is clued up?!? 🙄

hamishthecat
    Free Member

What was the frame number of the bike you had stolen?

You bought it then? I see you’re looking for one.

djflexure

What are you all on, no way does that add look legit.
    Very fluffy around the edges

Hope it gets recovered.

d45yth
    Free Member

When you look into their full feedback, it seems they’ve used a bike courier service quite a few times! 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

Let us know what happens mate.

brianh
    Free Member

Looks like he may be using parcelgroup2012 on ebay – this is a courier service offering cheap bike shipping – hope he gets caught, let us know what happens – he also had a very expensive Specialized on sale starting at £100.00 and sale stopped early. claims he is staying in a hotel and pick-up can be arranged there, very dodgy by the sound of it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Obviously there will be some prison guards and coppers along shortly to disagree, but those fellas only ever get to meet the stupid crims..

As a ‘prison guard’, I’d disagree on that statement. A lot of prisoners aren’t ‘stupid’ (in a sense) but some are very, very clever, believe me.

(But a lot are as thick as pig poo.)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Stolen bike – I hope nobody has bought this…’ is closed to new replies.