Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stolen Bike
  • elbo
    Free Member

I’m sorry to say that my ‘play’ bike was stolen from the roof of my car at ‘degla yesterday.
    I figured it was more secure to take my bike back to my car and lock it on my thule proride with additional kryptonite lock, than leave it unsecured outside the cafe while I went for a post ride coffee and cake.
    ….how wrong was I!!??
    Anyway, lesson learned, and I don’t expect sympathy, but if anyone comes across a black Commencal Absolut Max Max as per the pics below, then I would appreciate the heads up.

It wasn’t exactly standard as I had upgraded quite a few parts, the main ones being:
    Marzocchi DJ3’s
    DMR DV rims/revolver hubs
    Avid juicy 3 brakes
    Sram X5 9 speed shifters and X7 rear mech
    Easton vice stem
    Blackspire Hi-rise bars
    Sunline V1 chain guide

I don’t expect to ever see it again, but can’t hurt to put some feelers out.

Thanks in advance

elbo
    Free Member

Bumpety bump

Clover

😥

binners

Sorry to hear that. Its easy to be off your guard when somewhere like that.

footflaps

Bad luck. How did they get it off? Remove the Thule using screwdriver to prize the locks apart?

nwgiles

hi
    i do exactly the same thing when i go to degla, how did they get it off?

elbo
    Free Member

They hammered a screwdriver or something into the proride lock and turned it to unlock it normally. There is a nice scratch/dent on my car roof too so assume they used some hefty bolt cutters on the cable lock.
    They obviously knew exactly what they were doing, bet it took them less than 30 secs to get the bike off.
    B@st@rds

elaineanne
    Free Member

isnt it about time security was drafted into these trail centres…llandegla seems to b popular for low life scumbags …. yeah yeah its all about extra money but you wont have the worry bout ya bike…. geeez

binners

Looks like we’ll just have to apply the same rules as you’ve always had too apply in the city – the bike never leaves your site. Which is a shame 🙁

elbo
    Free Member

That’s definitely the rule I’m going to follow from now on. I’ll just give the post ride coffee a miss, shame tho cos it was all part of the day out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bike’ is closed to new replies.