Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stolen 2010 Turner 5Spots in Wales
  • pilotrcuk
    Free Member

Hi All,

A friend and I had a trip to Wales this weekend, and had a couple of good blasts round Llandegla and in particular Penmachno. Unfortunately it was cut short when someone removed the bikes from the roof of my car when in Betws-y-Coed. Absolutely gutted.

They were both medium/17″ 2010 Turner frames.
    One in Sangria Red with black Revelation Dual Position Air RLT Ti 150mm forks (15mm Maxle), Hope Hoops/Flow rims, M770 XT drivetrain & brakes, Thomson post and stem, EC70 bar.
    The other Charcoal with white Revelation Dual Air 140mm RL forks (20mm Maxle), Hope Pro Evo/XM719 rims, M770 XT drivetrain & brakes, Easton EA90 stem, Synchros post

Just wanted to put this message out to ask if anyone hears anything about Turner 5Spot bikes or frames in the UK, to let me know ASAP. I have raised it with North Wales police.

Thanks for your time,
    Al

jedi

bump

majorspaniel

Living in north Wales I’ll keep an eye out for the bikes or parts

lowey

Jesus… thats two more turners gone after them in Newcastle… Gutted for you mate. I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Try the usualy places, ebay, gumtree etc…

pilotrcuk
    Free Member

I noticed that and have forwarded details of this and the Newcastle post to the police, for their information.

Thank you all for any help on this.

takisawa2

Just an idea, you could set up an Ebay Auto-Search, & it will email you if items within a certain search criteria are listed.
    There seems to be a market for high-end bikes these days, that would suggest both a ready market & theiveing scum that are clued up on whats worth stealing.

Hope they turn up.

project
    Free Member

Sad for your loss, but where they securely chained and locked to the car, as i see loads of bikes just strapped to cars,left at petrol stations and outside cafes, and bike shops.

Riders seem to think there is some invisible force field protecting their cars when thyre away from them, which there isnt.A few quid on a decent cable or chain lock when in transt all help.

Use a small rape alarm, fix to zsomewher a bit obscure on the bike with some tape, then conect the pin with some fishing wire to the rack, its almost invisible, when they pull the bike away, the alarm goes off until the pin is reinserted.

http://shop.yale.co.uk/acatalog/Personal_Attack_Alarms.html,
    or even better or use both.
    http://shop.yale.co.uk/acatalog/New_Products.html

monstermarrow
    Free Member

I routinely use one of these whenever I have to lock my bike up anywhere “risky”. i.e. out on the street, on the car roof, anywhere that is not particularly secure where I can’t keep my eye on it…

Alarm Padlock

I would’nt use it as the primary lock, as the security of the lock mechanism is not great, but used in conjunction with a decent Abus lock it provides a great theft deterrent. The alarm is reasonably sensitive, but will only go off if it is deliberately tampered with.

Oh and, throw away the batteries it comes with straight away (they are useless), and replace with some decent ones from Maplin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stolen 2010 Turner 5Spots in Wales’ is closed to new replies.