Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • STOLEN
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

Just had my newly built Kona explosive taken from Clerkenwell rd EC1 today.Was in an office collecting a package, in there for 3 mins.A bloke outside said he saw someone riding a bike with another bike on his shoulder.My bike was locked to itself.
    For what it’s worth: 18″ grey frame singlespeed, rc31’s, hope mini’s, xt chainset 717/hope/on one wheels.
    Now I can’t work until I build another bike.Gggrhh

grumm
    Free Member

Not to kick you when you’re down, but why only lock it to itself?

ton

there is a sentence in there that say’s serves you right…
    guess which one.

bad luck 😥

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ll keep me eyes peeled. Why not try Brick Lane this Sunday? I know of quite a few bikes turning up there.

Grumm does have a point. I’ve done this. It’s a mistake you make only once…

dave360

I’ve lost a motorbike the same way. It’s the same pain.
    Except for the riding a bike with another bike on his shoulder bit obviously.

tails
    Free Member

Christ why does it serve him right for doing his job!! if i saw a bike thief get mashed by a car i would honestly leave him there, even if know one was there to help’em. hope you get back to work soon mudmonster.

ton

tails, he left his bike unsecured in london….wtf do you think was gonna happen to it. FFS 🙄

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Bad luck but this day an age where ever you live you dont lock up a smart bike end of story or you will lose it. 😥

sootyandjim
    Free Member

tails, he left his bike unsecured in london.

It wasn’t unsecured, he locked it to itself……..

grumm
    Free Member

It wasn’t unsecured, he locked it to itself……..

Stopping the wheels going round doesn’t make something secure. My wallet doesn’t have wheels to start with but I still wouldn’t leave it lying around in the street.

MrNutt
    Free Member

unlucky, wasn’t there a big issue sales person you could have given a few quid to so they’d keep an eye on it?

hope you get it back!

Andy

Sorry to hear that mudmonster – tough blow in any circumstance

mudmonster
    Free Member

It was locked to itself as I don’t have time to spend looking for some railings usually.Guess the fact that it was very light made it easier for him to carry on his shoulder.Most of the couriers lock their wheels to the frame and usually I’m in and out quickly.
    I’ll be checking brick lane this sunday.As I did 3 years ago when a bike got nicked that I did lock around railings.The next bike I will go out of my way to make it look like shite.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN’ is closed to new replies.