Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stockport to Macc.Forest & Goyt Valley to Perryfoot
  • monksie
    Free Member

Is there any other way to get to Macc. Forest other than Middlewood Way, canal towpath or Silk Road?
    The plan is then to head over to Buxton via Goyt Valley and on to the Pennine Bridleway at Perryfoot so a better route than the back roads from Fairfields at Buxton would be nice?
    I don’t know of anything myself and I can’t see anything on the maps.
    Thanks very much.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

ygm

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you Cruzheckler, that’s Buxton to Hope sorted.
    Any other ways of getting from Stockport to Macclesfield?

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Any particular reason to go via Macc and Buxton?

I would follow Goyt from Vernon Park to canal at Chadkirk, then to Roman Lakes in Marple, over the top by various options to Hayfield, then either Jacobs Ladder or Roych Clough routse to Edale/Castleton then various choices to Hope…

nbt

Hmmm. Through Lyme park, the old road round the back of the Hilton into Whaley bridge, up through Taxal? Or even through New Mills to Gowholes and up through Furness Vale. That’s sort of doing crap riding for the sake of being different though

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions but sadly, neither get me off road from home to Macc. Forest.
    I don’t mind a bit of not very interesting cycling to get to Macc. Forest if it’s not Silk Road, canal or Middlweood.
    I’m trying to get to Macc.Forest from Marple. Then it’ll be over to Buxton, Fairfields, Cruzheckler’s route to Perryfoot, Bradwell, Hope. Hayfield via one or the other routes, Rowarth, Mellor and Roman Lakes.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

when are you doing this? sounds a cracker

monksie
    Free Member

8;30am tomorrow. Sadly no luck on the alternative to Middlewood Way. Nothing at all on the net or from anybody else. Never mind, it’s a means to an end.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

[edit] – just seen you’re heading into the Goyt from the forest and I was sending you down there first – sorry. 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stockport to Macc.Forest & Goyt Valley to Perryfoot’ is closed to new replies.