Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Stockport – Snowdon Summit – Stockport 240 mile charity ride
  • fatboyjon

Over the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of May, a group of 11 mountain bikers will be taking on a mountainous 240 mile charity ride.

The aim is to raise funds for the family of a local 4 your old boy called Ollie who is terminally ill with battens disease. This horrible genetic disease will see Ollie’s life cut tragically short and is incurable so a fund has been set up to provide his family with experiences to create happy memories and assist in necessary modifications to their home.

In order to raise funds, we have decided on a mountain bike ride, starting from Ollie’s school, Vernon Primary School in Poynton, Stockport, to the top of Snowdon and back. While this provides us with a mountain of a challenge, it’s nothing compared to the one Ollie and his family are climbing.

If you would like to sponsor our challenge, please head to
    Our just giving page
    or text OARS60 £2 to 70070, or you can change the amount as desired.

More details of the fundraising efforts and other events can be found
    here;<http://www.olliesarmy.co.uk&gt;

Huge thanks in advance to everyone who supports us.

Edric64
    Free Member

Dont forget that the daytime ban on cycling up Snowdon starts May 1st

IHN

Poynton’s not in Stockport 👿

Anyway, as a loooong time ago I went to Vernon Infants, donated. God on you.

edit: looks like the amounts in the text can be £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10. So I sent two 🙂

jekkyl

Looks like he’s taken than into account edric.

This challenge will see the group ride over 120 miles before arriving at the foot of Snowdon before making an ascent to the summit, possibly in the dark, which will provide the groups bivvy spot and nights rest before waking up at dawn and riding the 120 miles back to Poynton.

You’re bivvying at the summit, christ that will be tough, good luck.

fatboyjon

We’re working around the ban times by riding up after tea time on the Saturday.

IHN, I know Poynton isn’t really in Stockport but if I’d put Poynton, some folks might not know where it is. Huge thanks for your donation.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I’m one of the 11 tackling this monumental effort, please support us if you can.
    To get the niche vote I’ll be doing it on my fatbike so if you own a fatbike you have to donate!
    #ridethatfatty

IHN

IHN, I know Poynton isn’t really in Stockport but if I’d put Poynton, some folks might not know where it is

I’ll admit, ‘Stockport – Snowden’ has a better ring to it than ‘Commuter Village Desparately Trying to Resist Creeping Urbanisation – Snowden’ 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

Sit in behind ‘the big lad’ ^ up there. He creates quite a wind break. I was very grateful.
    Donation en route this evening guys. Bon courage and best wishes to all.

wagonsroll
    Free Member

Really worthy cause. Good luck, some money coming your way. Hope the wind is with you.

jools182
    Free Member

Gravitysucks- that’s going to be tough enough on an xc bike

Hats off for doing it on a fat bike

Adders

Just donated. Please come back to the forum and let us know how it all went. Should make interesting reading. Best of luck.

fatboyjon

Jools, he’s certainly not afraid of big miles on his fat bike. I’ve already spent a weekend hauling bivi kit from the lakes, through Yorkshire and back to sunny Stockport to catch stages 1 & 2 of the Tour de France with him rumbling along on 4″ tyres. Mind you, he’d pumped them up to 10 psi so it was practically a road bike really.

fatboyjon

Adders, there’ll be a couple of blogged write ups to follow it up and I’ve offered to write it up for the magazine too. Should be a great, if somewhat tiring weekend.

Adders

Excellent, thanks fatboyjon.

fatboyjon

Bump.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Stockport – Snowdon Summit – Stockport 240 mile charity ride’ is closed to new replies.