Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stockholm with teenagers – any tips?
  • martinhutch

Off here in a couple of weeks with a couple of potentially surly 14-year-olds in tow. Normally, I’d be happy mooching around cafes, shops and mainly bars, but I’m wondering if there are any hidden gems apart from boat rides and the Abba museum which might get them to raise their eyes away from the iPhone for more than 10 seconds?

As an aside, any nightlife that’s teenage-friendly – good bars with live music?

Cheers!

T1000
    Free Member

If you manage to get them into a Museum make sure it’s to Vasa

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Keep them locked in the hotel room, eventually they’ll come to appreciate your motives and maybe even learn to appreciate you a little more.

pocpoc
    Free Member

^^^ that made me chuckle!

Oh, and Vasa is a must.

onandon
    Free Member

martinhutch

😀

Cheers!

paradigmshift
    Free Member

There is a theme park close to where the Vasa Museum is located. It is called Gröna Lund, I’m sure that could keep the kids occupied for a short while.

dovebiker

One of the longer boat tours around the archipelago is really worth it (weather permitting) and you really get to appreciate how nice a city it is. Used to visit the city regularly and it was also one of the best means of recovering from a mid-summer-fest hangover. The café and bars on Kungsholmen around the old city are nice, but having never been there with kids, don’t know what the licensing laws are – expect if you’re eating it’ll be OK?
    Vasa museum is well-worth a visit too.
    City centre isn’t too big that you can’t walk around and get to see the sights.

willard

Another vote for the Vasa museum, it’s awesome! Also consider the museum that shows the hsitory of the city, it’s underneath an island int he middle of the river and is amazing to walk round.

I can’t vouch for the Spritsmuseum (same island as the Abba museum and Vasa), but they do good beer and nice food, so it may be worth a stop in before you get the ferry back to wherever you are staying.

Bream
    Free Member

I always like a walk around Skansen as well Djuregården, beautiful on a nice day. Just across the road from Vasamusset and Gröna Lund.

avdave2

If you manage to get them into a Museum anywhere make sure it’s to Vasa

And if they don’t like it put them up for adoption.

beanum

Another shout for the Vasa museum.

If you like Whisky and can keep the kids occupied for a while then the Ardbeg Embassy in Gamla Stan (old town) is well worth a visit.

willard

Damn, I missed that when I was there at Christmas.

If you fancy a nice meal and have money, go and visit Oaxen on Djuregarden. They have a bistro for cheaper everyday food (that is still amazing) or the 2 star restaurant for a treat.

martinhutch

Thanks all, perhaps I’ll just distract them with ice cream and sprint for the Ardbeg place.

pictonroad

Boys or girls?

My friend’s parents took him round Sweden in a camper when he was 14. Days spent looking at Young Swedish ladies with a relaxed attitude to nudity made getting to ‘sleep’ rather difficult for him, especially being 5ft from his parents in a fibreglass box. Quite the educational trip for a 14yr old boy from rural Norfolk. 😆

martinhutch

Boys or girls?

One of each. If my lad is anything like as socially-awkward as his dad, I’d imagine it would be a bit of an ordeal for him!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stockholm with teenagers – any tips?’ is closed to new replies.