• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ste_t.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stockholm – food & drink?
  • ste_t
    Free Member

Having a bus trip to Stockholm in the morning, stopping over, then returning Friday afternoon.

Any decent places to eat and drink? Definitely not looking for fine dining but a decent place for dinner and a couple for lunches. We’ve been very well looked after by the girlfriend’s family for the last week so I’m eager to eat something that isn’t typically Scandanavian for a change.

Hotel is in the Norrmalm area so nothing too much of a mission to get to.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Berns is nice for a night out in the summer. Very friendly vibe to the place.

Best to avoid this place – http://restaurangprinsen.eu/en/ Even though it’s utterly excellent in every way! Went there on the company card a few years back and it’s the only time my boss has ever called me in to discuss my expenses! It was delicious, though.

colournoise

‘Bookmarking’ as having a city break there in October.

We are staying at the Berns hotel, so nice to know it’s a decent place.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Best to avoid this place – http://restaurangprinsen.eu/en/ Even though it’s utterly excellent in every way! Went there on the company card a few years back and it’s the only time my boss has ever called me in to discuss my expenses

Why ? It’s not exactly very expensive, assuming their prices are in Swedish Krona

http://pdfmeny.se/pdfgroup/prinsen/meny.pdf

scrumfled
    Free Member

Cracking sushi bar on stureplan (other side of the road from the mushroom). Some good basic grub to be had on soder (fenix is a favourite, not flash, just basic).

Gondalen is worth a look, (book early) if only for the view….. and fem sma hus is excellent (albeit pricey).

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Best to avoid this place – http://restaurangprinsen.eu/en/ Even though it’s utterly excellent in every way! Went there on the company card a few years back and it’s the only time my boss has ever called me in to discuss my expenses

Why ? It’s not exactly very expensive, assuming their prices are in Swedish Krona

http://pdfmeny.se/pdfgroup/prinsen/meny.pdf

Because he wanted to tell everyone it was on expenses. All his posts are in a similar vein….. Regardless of subject.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Apart form those about, oooh, bikes, perhaps.

*yawn*

Berns appears to encompass a bit of everything, but I certainly remember a lovely outdoor terrace being a part of it. Also good was the atmosphere with loads of people in the park outside. Lovely city.

beanum

One of the best meals I’ve had was in Stockholm. We went to Farang which is an Asian Fusion restaurant. We had the Farang set menu and it was great. It wasn’t that expensive from memory.
    I also had a very nice salmon steak washed down with three different craft beers at a place called Grill Ruby..

There is a place called Grill that looks fun, you may have to book in advance if there’s more than two of you.

If you have time, the Vasa museum is worth a visit….

Pigface
    Free Member

Pizza is a main staple in Sweden, where I used to go, a small town they had 5 pizza shops and all were very good.

Never paid a lot of attention to Stockholm so can’t really recommend a specific place.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

In honour of Flashy I rinse the company card here

http://www.thebay.se/ Lunch is good.

I live in the frozen North so Stockholm is like ‘that London’ to me, bit lost when I go there but it’s beautiful. Rörstrandsgatan in St Eriksplan is nice for cafes in the sun and enjoying the *ahem* sights, and Södermalm is great for wandering around.

ste_t
    Free Member

Thanks for your input all (though Chunky just seems to have stopped by for a spot of stalking….)

First stop is Vasa museum before lunch. Sushi appears to be a popular choice so will check that out, thanks scrumfled

beanum

If you’re feeling homesick then there’s also the Bishop’s Arms in Gamla Stan. Proper British boozer with some handpull taps, pub grub and a very impressive whisky selection….

ste_t
    Free Member

‘East’ – the sushi place by the mushroom was excellent. Brownie points banked from that one. The ‘Grill’ however was pretty shoddy and when you consider it’s £45 for a ribeye you expect it to be spot on. We did complain but the manager was pretty dismissive and said there was nothing he could do. Unfortunately my job is his job, so there bloody well is something you can do!

bikebouy
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – Member

Because he wanted to tell everyone it was on expenses. All his posts are in a similar vein….. Regardless of subject.

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Apart form those about, oooh, bikes, perhaps.

When you’re not talking about bikes you’re talking about your business expenses. OK, fair point, ChunkyMTB obviously missed that.

So what was it about your meal at the Restaurant Prinsen a few years back Flashheart that caused your boss to discuss your expenses with him ? It obviously wasn’t what appears to be a rather reasonably priced menu. Why should the OP avoid it as you suggested ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I do love having a stalker.

Oh, hold on. No.

Meh.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A stalker is when more than one person reads a thread ?

I think it’s fair question to ask why you think the OP should avoid the Restaurant Prinsen.

If you don’t think it’s a fair question then why did you bother making the suggestion ?

ste_t
    Free Member

Because I don’t care?

I have a very generous company discount. If people put similar things as expenses, then so be it. If they wish to mention it more often than some, so be it.

I still don’t particularly care

anagallis_arvensis

Whatcan odd thread is ste_t captain flash?

ste_t
    Free Member

No, but one of us may have had a fair amount of wine & IPA last night and clearly misconstrued something along the way… 😳

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stockholm – food & drink?’ is closed to new replies.