Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Stirling locals
  • MrSparkle

I need a spot for an overnight ‘stealth camp’ in the van. Just somewhere quietish we can park up overnight. Ideally with some toilets not too far away for in the morning. We’ll be having a mooch round town & up by Csstle etc so not too far out of town.
    Any suggestions very gratefully received. Ta

DickBarton

What size van?

fergal
    Free Member

Everybody hates Travellers in laybys, a T5 no probs darling :-).

MrSparkle

Vivaro

falkirk-mark

Near a supermarket that has toilets there is a sainsburys at the castle with a 24 hour Maccyds near (dunno about parking restrictions in the actual car park at night). There is also the retail park in Falkirk with the same set up (plenty of surrounding streets in Falkirk with 18 hour Tescos) thats only 20 mins drive to Stirling

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Near a wetherspoons, they open at 7 for a morning jobbie, then eggs benedict and free refill coffee for 4 quid.

barneybedford
    Free Member

My parents have stayed in the Park & Ride recently in a full on motorhome so I imagine you would get away with it fine in a van. They arrived late, left early en route somewhere else.

MrSparkle

Cheers.

andy4d

There is a park and ride / retail park on the outskirts next to Morrison’s. Nice view of the hills too. You could always park up sherifmuir too but there’s no toilets.

matt_outandabout

Here –

There is track entrance. Gap in wall 20m away takes you into back of (publicly accessible) university, with loo’s and cafe in either Pathfoot building or MacRobert centre. Added bonuses: you are at the foot of some of the finest riding in Stirling, you can walk to Wallace Monument, free art Gallery in Pathfoot, cinema/theatre and bar at MacRobert.

matt_outandabout

Alternatively – just below Castle.

Sainsbury’s is 3 mins walk down hill.

Fat-boy-fat

Ah Matt, I think you’ll find that Pathfoot Loan spot has been occupied by a wee daihatsu or sonething simklar that someone has been living in of late. No idea where you would wild camp with toilets though.

andy4d

Remember the Raploch is below the castle 😯

glasgowdan
    Free Member

https://goo.gl/maps/krpAj3q62Wz

Cafes a few mins walk for coffee and bogs. Lovely wee setting too and woods for a wander/ride.

redmex
    Free Member

The Raploch, Billy Bremner, Duncan Ferguson and Mags Haney canny remember how many caps or who she played for

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Here maybe

Don’t know about restrictions but worth a look, hole yourself up in a corner somewhere – petrol station across road

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Rent u my driveway? 10 bucks and a 10 bucks charge for showers in the morning…

DickBarton

Boba Fatt – no petrol station there, hasn’t been one there for at least 15 years…

DickBarton

The Park and Ride at Junction 10 had a couple of campers staying there last night…Highland Gate ‘restaurant’ is about 200 yards away; River House is about 50 yards away…the toilet block at the Park and Ride is closed permanently though…so not exactly on tap for toilets.

When is this for?

andy4d

@ reflex.. drunken Duncan is from st ninians not the Raploch but I had forgotten about big bad Mags 😯 .

DickBarton

Kirsty Young was in Torbrex…

Kenny Logan out by Blairlogie…

Terry Butcher used to live in Bridge of Allan…

andy4d

I had a mate who is a big Dundee utd fan. Took him to the old manor for drink and we met Terry. Nice guy. My mate took great joy in asking him if he remembered the last goal he ever scored…..apparently it was an og against Dundee utd 😆

BurnBob
    Free Member

Big Dunc is not from The Raploch. David Goodwillie is though.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Stirling locals’ is closed to new replies.