Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Stinky Pits
  • Xylene
    Free Member

My pits stink.

I wash twice a day, make sure they are thoroughly cleaned everyday, but by mid morning they have a stink going on.

Google suggests antibacterial soap, or pump soap, or antibiotic cream to kill off the bugs.

Before I start pouring bleach on my body, any other STW type solutions.

footflaps

Have you been tested for (Bad) Cat Aids?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Nuke them from Orbit? It’s the only way to be sure…..

joshvegas
    Free Member

Is it definitely your pits?

Could it be your clothes?

Xylene
    Free Member

Shirts are washed daily, work wear is dry cleaned weekly, I suppose it is possible the washing machine isn’t washing my shirts very well.

growinglad
    Free Member

If you are just washing your pits twice a day….there’s your problem.

….it’s your sweaty aris that’s kicking up!!

stevious

Trimming the hair helps.

footflaps

Try sports wash on the shirts – much better at getting rid of BO than normal washing gell.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ considered that, although last time I did that, I went to far and was reminded of when I shaved my pubes when younger to make them grow back thicker and faster for some reason.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Tried Mitchum?

ninfan
    Free Member

wouldn’t suggest shaving – but defo worth giving them a run over with the clippers

Yak

Fungus?

A couple of blokes I knew had pit-fungus. Horrible stuff – could stink out a building.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ a possibility, I did use to get bad fungus infections on my hand, and a wierd one on my body that took that Noxema shampoo to rid of it, that was fairly regular

Maybe it has migrated to my pits. Why doesn’t my crotch smell as much? I can get fairly close for a sniff, and it doesn’t smell owt like my pits.

zinaru
    Free Member

possibly a dietary or nerve thing beyond the already mentioned possible reasons?

eat lots of spicy food? or anxious?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Just give in to it and get a job in Forbidden Planet.

beefheart
    Free Member

Schweiz
    Free Member

Maybe it has migrated to my pits. Why doesn’t my crotch smell as much? I can get fairly close for a sniff, and it doesn’t smell owt like my pits.

Quoted for posterity

(good luck OP)

Xylene
    Free Member

^ was that the comic book store?

teasel
    Free Member

my crotch… I can get fairly close for a sniff

Woah!

That’s a little bit TMI there, Houdini…

Yak

Yeah – the blokes I knew had the fungus limited to their pits.

Does it glow in the dark?

Xylene
    Free Member

Woah,!

That’s a little bit TMI there, Houdini…

It’s another use for the tube of old kitchen rolls.

allthepies
    Free Member

<bookmarks potential STW classic>

jekkyl

odd question but are you using antiperspirant deodorant at all?

Xylene
    Free Member

^ I do, nivea black and white spray

footflaps

Jeyes is way too lightweight, I suggest a bath in

perchypanther
    Free Member

Xylene
    Free Member

^ I was considering dettol this evening while washing the dishes. I can’t decide if smelling like a care home, or having stinking pits is worse. I think it might be worth a shot though.

noltae
    Free Member

Pitrok – Crystal Deodorant or some other mineral based underarm product can help – – however nothing topical can cure bad pits – look at diet and emotional balance – hormonal imbalance a probable factor ..

Xylene
    Free Member

Emotional balance? So my pits are telling me that the job in Burma I am eyeing up is one I should apply for. I would never have guessed it from that.

I shall continue writing my application then.

allthepies
    Free Member

chrisdw
    Free Member

I find spray stuff never works on me. Try the white stick stuff; works much better. And give Mitchum a go! Often on offer in the big T.

bigjim

I love my own BO

I’m so lonely

Cougar

I started shaving my pits, makes a big difference. Wazz over them with a beard trimmer, doesn’t have to be a chuch job.

Have you been tested for (Bad) Cat Aids?

Did you know, this is an actual thing? I didn’t. Watched a TV programme about cats the other day, and they were talking about FIV (feline version of HIV).

to make them grow back thicker and faster

It’s an urban myth anyway. They don’t come back thicker, just feels coarser because the tips of the hairs have been cut flat.

footflaps

Did you know, this is an actual thing?

yep, they insist on vaccinating against it, so our two have been done.

Moses

Give up washing with soap / detergent.
    You’re killing the good bacteria & letting the bad ones grow.

mcj78
    Free Member

I have a few t-shirts that are absolutely howling – wash them at 60 but within an hour of putting them on they’re rank – can’t get rid of the smell at all, dunno if it’s crappy low grade cotton or something that traps the stink bacterions round the pit region – are you talking about new-ish shirts or older ones?

Xylene
    Free Member

all tailored for me in the last month, Egyptian cotton

seosamh77
    Free Member

Try spraying Lamisil under there for a few days if it’s fungal. The doctor can get you much better stuff though.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ In the interest of keeping people updated, I have trimmed the jungle back, carefully so as to not have to regrow and itch. Showered, using dettol soap followed by dettol liquid soap, and for good measure after getting out, I put some neat Dettol in a small pump bottle I had and gave a quick pump under each pit after drying on a fresh towel, the last bit burns a bit, but hopefully by morning there won’t be a pong.

chomp
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Stinky Pits’ is closed to new replies.