Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Still Game, how have I only just discovered this?!
  • isitafox
    Free Member

Been running out of things to watch on Netflix recently and after seeing it as a suggestion for months now I decided to give Still Game a try. The first episode was a bit hit and miss but I expected that with it being the pilot and seeing how there was 6 series I stuck at it and my god was it worth it. If you like the decent comedies from the 90’s like Father Ted, Rab C Nesbitt, Bottom, etc then I’d recommend it!

Spin
    Free Member

It’s comedy gold.

gobuchul
    Free Member

It’s excellent.

The first couple of series were not initially released in England. I saw them when I was north of the border.

One of my favorites is the electric fire episode. Brilliant.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Pot of pish is a masterpiece in comedy setup and delivery.

I can’t think of a better series off the top of my head!

juanking

Got the boxset, olden but golden.

cbike
    Free Member

Sometimes real life turns out to be just as weird as Still Game. The Bus Hijack episode is good. 6 months later there was a real bus hijack in the trossachs of old people in similar circumstances.

piemonster

Turns over to Netflix

piemonster

“I’ll tell you why your quiet Bobby…. You’re a ****”

dufresneorama
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Stoorie midoorie. A classic scene!.

trail_rat
    Free Member

” he must had stood up to get aff o that ”

GrahamS

pictonroad

Its absolutely belting, every series, don’t skip the credits like I did the first few episodes, doh!

alanl
    Free Member

In series 5, (or maybe 6), 2 episodes were wee inducing laughter.
    The one where the chap dies, and ‘Ken Dodd’ opens the door, and later in the episode, where he has the girl sat on his lap in the wedding/funeral car.

survivor

One of my all time favourites. Naveed and his missus are good characters as well.

Try Burnistoun if you can find it. Brilliant Scottish sketch show.

jamj1974

Still Game was brilliant – when I first saw it, I couldn’t believe there wasnt a real buzz about it.

kelvin

Still love it.

nickewen
    Free Member

A mate of mine always used to tell me about it but I’d never seen it.. Until now! Just wrapping up season 2 on Netflix and it is absolute genius. I’ve been howling at it all week. Winston is a fantastic character. The one where he has golf competition with the wee ned bastard is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a long time! Concur about the electric fire episode as well.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

claim to fame one of my pals was a “thug no 2” in the show hahah paisley lad still watch it today got the accent to a tee.. “BOOBY” the one with robbie C as the mental mini bus driver a must watch.

bencooper
    Free Member

Lots of it is filmed around here – and some Burnistoun sketches were even filmed in our house 😉

Scot Squad has also been filmed in the park just across the road.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Also check out Chewin the Fat (the original series it came from) other cracking characters.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mrs turned on the first episode as we found it during a random Neflix pick. First 10 mins were so horribly unfunny in a Terry and June sort of way we turned it off.

I’d have given it some more time at least but she’s got pretty low tolerance.

slowoldman

Yes it’s a gem.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Still Game live at the Hydro is a good laugh too.
    I was introdused to this when i moved to Scotland 11 years ago and now have the boxset.
    There is so many hillarious episodes that i cant decide on a favourite.
    I lived in Largs and they filmed bits of the episode where Winston moves to Finport there, even though most of it was in Saltcoats

jimslade
    Free Member

The first episode I saw was the one where Jack accidentally eats Tam’s wedding ring before the big day and has to “pass” it into a bucket. I couldn’t decide if it was a comedy show or not as it was so dark and gloomy. I ended up buying all the DVDs. Absolute gold, and hidden away by the BBC, like Sixteen Storeys High, the Shaun Lock series, or Monkey Dust, both classics.

grey

Try Gary Tank Commander for more comedy gold.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gary tank commander is fantastic.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Still Game, how have I only just discovered this?!’ is closed to new replies.