Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sticking out knees (while riding)
  • oldgit
    Free Member

After 38 years of racing like this with no issues is it time I had it looked at?
    Looks messy. But my gait is rather like that (bow legged)
    I’m 5’8″
    Inside leg about 31 1/2″
    Pedal axle to saddle top 35″ (following line of seat tube)

fisha
    Free Member

I ride bow legged so to speak, things are set the ride height etc, if I try I can ride straight legged no problems either.

I figure it’s no big deal.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I got faster when I had mine straitened but was the other way with knees brushing top tube. All due to my high arches being flattened out in the stiff shoes, footbeds and a few shims sorted that.

RustySpanner

Me too.

One of natures under-pronators, so tend to ride knees out.

Never bothered me, but it does look a bit daft.
    Way too late to worry about it now.

Has the inbuilt advantage of added gut clearance though, so not all bad. 😀

mountainman

What about knees aching and cracking sound morning after 50 miler ,first long one in a while . age 48 average weight, using spd’s,set medium tightness.
    All done on me tricross as didn’t have MTB with me ,was a mixture of road n forestry,mud was a laugh with the semi slicks too.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I ride with my knees in quite a way. Apparently it is pretty bad for you and could well lead to trouble in later life according to a physiotherapist I know. Long arches here so probably need foot beds.

glupton1976
    Free Member

If it isn’t causing you any problems then I wouldn’t worry about it.

oldgit
    Free Member

**** me high arches, I never thought about that. I have well high arches, when I did marathons only the outside edge of my shoes wore.

If it isn’t causing you any problems then I wouldn’t worry about it.

It’s not a massive issue, I did over 550 miles like that over four days last week. But as I’m still racing and my age is starting to have negative effects I think about more ways to stay in the game.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sticking out knees (while riding)’ is closed to new replies.