Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sticking FCR (travel adjust) on Magura thors
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

The travel-adjust (Flight Control Remote) dial on the top of my Magura Thors is sticking “open”
    It can be activated ok, compress the forks, but on releasing the button it stays open and has to be manually turned off, which is a bit of a bind when compressing the forks. It just seems to have to spring force to pull it back, and its not a sticky cable.
    On the suggestion of Mike Jenner (Race Mechanic), I’ve taken the knob off and cleaned underneath it (there wasn’t a lot of dirt there). Whilst the knob was off, I tried turning the dial directly using a spanner on the hex fitting the knob slides onto. Sure enough, it opened, but had no force to pull itself closed again.

So, any suggestions what to do?

I’m a bit miffed as I’ve only just got the forks back from having a full rebuild. Paid quite a lot of money to replace everything except the lowers, so the FCR is brand new. And to top it off, I’ve been told not to send them back as “we’re a bit busy” for a few weeks.

wwaswas

And to top it off, I’ve been told not to send them back as “we’re a bit busy” for a few weeks.

I’d be making a few more noises at whoever did the work and escalting it with them, tbh.

If you start dismatntling them yourself you are liable to be charged to fix the issue later on.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve spoken to, and emailed Mike. Awaiting a response….

ir_bandito
    Free Member

and had a response.
    sending them in at the end of next week, so hopefully back early the week after…

Pukeko
    Free Member

so hopefully back early the week after…

So you will be riding something else for the next month then…. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sticking FCR (travel adjust) on Magura thors’ is closed to new replies.