Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sticking ceramic tiles to wood – with what?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have a little SWMBO project to complete which is knocking up a new house number using some ceramic tile numbers we picked up on holiday and a nice piece of oak.

Plan is to recess the tiles into the wood, but what’s going to be the best thing to stick and grout the tiles in? Ideally something that’s available in small quantities rather than a big bucket of whatever it is as it’s only a tiny size

Thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

Tube of builders adhesive e.g. Gripfill

dooosuk
    Free Member

You might want to seal the wood first.

wallop

My Stepdad is a tiler. He would always use flexible adhesive on a timber substrate.

wallop

Mind you if it’s only tiny it’s unlikely to flex.

colp

I’s always use BAL flexible if possible, but I don’t think they do small bags.
    Mapei is OK, B&Q sell it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Gorilla Glue. Foaming flexing brilliant stuff.

scaredypants

nomorenails tape

Junkyard
    Free Member

silicone sealant will do the job and you may well have some

failing that a glue gun or glue of choice

Whatever you have ,above blue tac strength, will work

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

silicone sealant will do the job and you may well have some

This – but there are loads of silicone sealants now that are also adhesives available for a few quid a tube from screwfix. Squeeze a bit in there, spread it round and bed the tiles down on it. Leave a book or something on them while it cures to keep the two tiles level and flat. Job jobbed.

dubber
    Free Member

Soudal fix-all
    Gripbond pro

These two are water proof and stick brick,wood,concrete,metal etc. About £5 a tube . any sticks like sh*t should do it really from the local DIY shop.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sticking ceramic tiles to wood – with what?’ is closed to new replies.